July 30, 2015
by Jane Boursaw, posted Jul 13th 2009 2:03PM
I've been really curious to see what TNT's Dark Blue is all about. It's got a few things going for it right off the bat: producer Jerry Bruckheimer and lead actor Dylan McDermott. I can't say I'm all about the police dramas, but those two guys made me want to check it out.
Plus, it's on TNT, which has been running edgier shows lately, like Saving Grace, The Closer, and Leverage. The network is sort of a cross between HBO and USA, with some FX thrown in.
On my first viewing of the Dark Blue pilot, it came across as just another procedural about a brooding cop (McDermott) whose team walks the line between right and wrong. But I knew in my heart there was more, so I watched it again.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Wet Hot American Summer EPs Talk 'De-Aging' Process, Season 2 Hopes
- Lucy Lawless Stages Xena Reunion With Renee O'Connor — See the Photo
- Empire Season 2: Pop Star Becky G Lands Guest-Starring Role
- The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi Collars Brooklyn Nine-Nine Guest Stint
- Jessie Spinoff Sneak Peek: BUNK'D Forces the Rich Ross Kids to Rough It
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Animated Short Reveals How Peter Quill Met Yondu
- Caitlyn Jenner Ditches Dresses for Racy Jumpsuit
- Jennifer Garner Spends Her Day Off Visiting Sick Children at Atlanta Hospital Amid Ben Affleck Nanny Rumors
- FLASHBACK: Paul Rudd and Molly Shannon Relive ‘WHAS' Real-Life Camp Experience
- Why Do Strong Female Characters in 'Mission: Impossible' Movies Keep Disappearing?
- More From ET