March 6, 2015
by Jane Boursaw, posted Jul 13th 2009 2:03PM
I've been really curious to see what TNT's Dark Blue is all about. It's got a few things going for it right off the bat: producer Jerry Bruckheimer and lead actor Dylan McDermott. I can't say I'm all about the police dramas, but those two guys made me want to check it out.
Plus, it's on TNT, which has been running edgier shows lately, like Saving Grace, The Closer, and Leverage. The network is sort of a cross between HBO and USA, with some FX thrown in.
On my first viewing of the Dark Blue pilot, it came across as just another procedural about a brooding cop (McDermott) whose team walks the line between right and wrong. But I knew in my heart there was more, so I watched it again.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE
- American Idol Top 8 Ladies Recap: Shock and 'Awww!'
- More From TVLine
- 'Dark Places' Trailer Proves It's a Worthy Companion to 'Gone Girl'
- Transgender Women Share Their Personal Stories with ET Special Correspondent Janet Mock
- Martha Stewart, Shaquille O'Neal to Roast Justin Bieber
- Josh Duhamel Gushes About Baby Axl, Says He Wants More Kids
- FLASHBACK: Harrison Ford Talks About Flying With Caution in ‘99
- More From ET