Billy Bush set up a clip of a scene that included Meyer, Gosselaar, and Van Der Beek. "The two giant-headed people," said Meyer. "It's awesome. Check it out. It's like watching Easter Island. Check it out." After the clip, Meyer said he had to give his two scene partners nametags to tell them apart. Finding light to stand in was also a challenge. "I'm just saying, it's like Mardi Gras with them," he said. "It's insane."
More casting news after the jump.
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we'll supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479 - your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have: 30 Rock, Desperate Housewives, Greek, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, How I Met Your Mother , Numb3rs, Smallville and Ugly Betty. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that Britney Spears guest starred in the March 24 episode of HIMYM. Alicia Silverstone was set to appear in a few episodes (some suspect her character would have turned out to be the mother) but bowed out when Spears was hired because Silverstone was worried that her performance would be over-shadowed by Britney's appearance.
The latest addition to the HIMYM guest star list: Dawson's Creek's James Van Der Beek! Slight spoilers about the role and episode ahead!
(S02E04) I felt like I was watching a bizarro version of Ugly Betty this week. Betty was a cheater, Justin belched, and the guy from Dawson's Creek was an insensitive jerk! What's next--Hilda dressing conservatively? There were several unpleasant surprises in this episode, but Gio's absence probably made some of the viewers happy. It's always difficult to watch the episodes where obstacles are set up for each character, but how else can there be a happy ending later on? Still, it took a while to get over the shock of seeing Justin wearing his Dad's leather jacket and hearing him say things like "Whatevs."
Is that a disappointment? Last year, the post Super Bowl episode of Grey's Anatomy drew a considerably larger 38.1 million viewers. We can chalk part of that difference up to the fact that Grey's was more of a hit show going in, but I think more of it has to do with the subject matter.
Criminal Minds is never a touchy-feely, happy bunnies on clouds kind of show, but the post Super Bowl episode was dark even by their standards. Come on, Dawson chaining up a woman and setting the dogs loose on her? That's asking a lot from the family friendly Super Bowl audience.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Baby Daddy Season 5: The Lying Game's Allie Gonino to Recur as Ben's [Spoiler]
- Big Bang Theory Cliffhanger Mystery Solved: Leonard and Penny [Spoiler] in the Season 9 Premiere
- Days of Our Lives Unveils 50th Anniversary Logo and 'Killer' Promo
- Game of Thrones: Stannis Lives!
- American Dad! Renewed for Two Seasons at TBS
- More From TVLine
- Misty Copeland Makes Her Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town'
- EXCLUSIVE! 'Dancing With the Stars': Married Couple Alexa and Carlos PenaVega to Compete on Season 21
- Julianne Hough Shows Off Her Engagement Sparkler at Taylor Swift's LA Concert
- This 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Instagram Teaser Is Making Us Cry Tears of Fangirl Joy
- Rihanna Looks Toned and Fierce in This New Puma Sports Bra Ad -- See the Pic!
- More From ET