Producer Brian Robbins (pictured), a Nickelodeon stand-by, is behind 'Ninja,' which follows some high school kids who also happen to be ninjas. The pilot was written by Eric Garcia and Leo Chu, with contributions from Andy Bobrow (ABC's 'Samantha Who?').
Robbins is well-known to the network, having partnered with Michael Tollin to create Nickelodeon's sketch comedy series 'All That,' which launched the careers of Jamie Lynn Spears, Kenan Thompson and the central stars of 'The Amanda Show' and 'The Nick Cannon Show' (series they also fronted).
This week, we will be touching upon a little show called All That, which some of you may remember as Nickelodeon's attempt at a kid version of SNL. Also, the theme song is by TLC, so you know it's 90s-crazy.
It looks like television's Dr. Phil is making the fate of the Spears family his personal crusade. Last month he was letting reporters know that Lynne Spears, mother to Britney and the 16-year-old, newly pregnant Jamie Lynn Spears, was a great mother and doing all she could during this time of woe for the family. On Saturday he upped the ante by visiting Britney at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where Spears was admitted after a three-hour standoff with her ex-husband concerning custody of their children.
Dr. Phil visited Britney just as she was packing to leave the hospital and spoke with her for about an hour. In an exclusive statement to Entertainment Tonight he said that the meeting left him convinced "more than ever that she is in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention." He added that he was very concerned for her. It's being reported that Phil will be recording an episode of his syndicated show this week that will focus on Britney and what he thinks needs to be done to put her back on the right track.
Dr. Phil McGraw has lost all credibility in my eyes. Not that he had a lot of credibility in my eyes to begin with, mind you -- I have never been a fan of his down-home, pop psychology. However, his latest statements really put the capper on the fact that he doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.
During a holiday party in Beverly Hills this past weekend, Dr. Phil told People magazine that Lynne Spears, mother to Britney and recently pregnant, 16-year-old Jamie Lynn, is a "great and dedicated mother". He admits that things aren't looking up for her right now (ya think?), but McGraw adds that the Spears matriarch has her feet firmly on the ground and that she is turning to her faith for strength in this situation. In fact, Lynne told her friend Dr. Phil that they are turning to prayer to get past this all. No offense, but she must be praying nearly 24 hours a day.
Today, on TV Squad Daily:
- I guess you'll have to wait longer to find out what not to do: Lynn Spears' parenting book is on hold indefinitely after Jamie Lynn's pregnancy announcement.
- Denise, the Survivor lunch lady, will give her $50,000 from Mark Burnett to charity.
Jamie Lynn is the star of Nickelodeon's Zoey 101, a show that I have never seen but assume is for the pre-teen set. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that show is probably canceled. Nickelodeon's official statement is in support of Jamie Lynn and "her decision to take responsibility in this sensitive and personal situation."
The baby daddy is Jamie Lynn's boyfriend, Casey Aldridge. She met him at church.
Somebody needs go give grandma Lynn Spears a drink. Or a parenting class.
Once upon a time, it was possible for a TV child star to get by on an impish smile and cute catchphrase.
Today's crop of kiddie performers don't have it so easy; they need to be double or triple threats who not only head up their own shows and/or TV movies, but sing, dance, star on the big screen, sell out concerts and launch clothing lines (despite some occasional personal missteps).
Here we count down the 20 hottest faves of the teen and tween pack.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 3 Express Pass Power Rankings: The Stronger Teams Surge
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Crashing Rafts, Missing Taxis and Dancing Globetrotters
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Have the Florricks Fallen into a Wiretap Trap?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'True Detective' Season 1 finale - 'Form and Void': In the court of the Yellow King
- 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Season 9, episode 7: Khloe files for divorce from Lamar
- 'The Simpsons' says goodbye to Marcia Wallace's Edna Krabappel
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Wicked is here
- 'Game of Thrones' releases new Season 4 trailer: Watch the epic, extended sneak peek
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Midseason Premiere Recap: Rated Ex
- OWN's Lindsay Offers Sad, Boring Look at the Life of Lindsay Lohan — Rate the Premiere
- Looking Finale Post Mortem: Jonathan Groff on the Big Kevin-Richie Cliffhanger
- The Good Wife Recap: Integrity Check
- New Game of Thrones Trailer: 'The World Has Fallen Apart'– But the Dragon Is Still Rad
- More From TVLine