by Stephanie Earp, posted Feb 19th 2010 1:30PM
Worst Olympics Ever.
Oh I'm sorry, am I not allowed to say that? Because on Day 2 of the Games, I almost got into a Facebook fight with an old friend when he posted a status update that accused those of us with discerning tastes and sharp tongues of not supporting our country. He got an argument from me, but support from pretty much everyone else.
I guess VANOC is like our troops in the PR war. Nelly Furtado's lip synching is the shock and awe of the Olympiad. Isn't this how Bush got elected a second time?
Not only am I not sorry for coming out and saying that The Vancouver Games and the TV coverage of the Games suck, I'm actually kind of enjoying myself.
by Stephanie Earp, posted Nov 16th 2009 11:45AM
A couple of weeks ago, I made a few minor complaints about 'Battle of the Blades.' I take it all back. Not only did the show address a few of my issues (getting more comments from the female competitors, booking judges from the world of figure skating, like Kristy Yamaguchi and Katarina Witt), but they invited me to come see the Sunday night finale.
I do like to get invited places.
But never has an invitation made me feel quite so lucky to do what I do for a living (namely make snide comments about people who are more talented and ambitious than I am). Walking up to Maple Leaf Gardens from the parking spot I found in another time zone, a huge line of people are waiting for the ticket that will become available when people like me fail to show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Duck Dynasty' Christmas special recap: A nativity play and wild hog guts
- 'The Sing-Off' Season 4: Meet '90s-obsessed guy group The Filharmonic
- 'Nashville' fall finale: Did both [SPOILER] and [SPOILER] die in 'Tomorrow Never Comes?'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': Deaths litter the fall finale 'The Head'
- Kelly Clarkson's Christmas special: 'Silent Night' with Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire
- More From Zap2it
- The X Factor Top 4 Performance Recap: Raise Your Hopeful Voice, You Have a Choice
- AHS: Coven Recap: The Eyes Have It
- Nashville Post Mortem: EP Dee Johnson on the Cliffhanger Death(s?), Juliette in the Doorway, Deacon's New Path and More
- Scoop: Glee Casts Skylar Astin in 'Explosive' Role
- Revenge Exclusive: Lost/FNL Alum Brett Cullen Joins Cast as [Spoiler]'s Estranged Father
- More From TVLine