March 5, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Drama Broad Squad Recruits True Blood's Rutina Wesley
- American Idol Top 12 Theme Revealed!
- Alec Baldwin to Play the Mayor of NYC in New HBO Series
- The 100 Season Finale Pics: Can Clarke Save Her People from Mount Weather?
- Scandal: Dan Bucatinsky, Kate Burton Returning Later This Season
- More From TVLine
- Harrison Ford Hospitalized After Crashing Plane
- RIP Maxis: 9 Life Lessons We Learned From 'The Sims'
- Watch a Fan ask James Franco to Prom -- Did He Say 'Yes'?!
- 7 Things I Learned While Working Out With Celebrity Trainer Tracy Anderson
- Celebs' Fashionable Siblings Reveal Hot New Looks for Spring
- More From ET