More casting news after the jump.
The original, executive produced by the late Aaron Spelling, and created by Darren Star (Cashmere Mafia). The new CW version is not connected to Star. Rob Thomas, who created Veronica Mars, has been approached to take on the project.
Will Nip/Tuck have a season six? Why is James Gandolfini going back to HBO and will Larry David end Curb Your Enthusiasm?
These tidbits -- and a tons of swag -- came out at today's TCA press sessions at the Beverly Hilton hotel. I had to remind myself that today was a cable day because the roster of talent read like a major network.
Jason Priestly (Beverly Hills 90210) led the cast of Side Order of Life, a Lifetime series in which star Marisa Coughlan has second thoughts about marrying Priestly. But, hey, if Big dumped Natasha on Sex in the City then I suppose anything's possible.
Lifetime does not currently air any original scripted series, but it plans to change that with three new original series. The first two, Army Wives and State of Mind, were mentioned previously, and the third, a "comedic drama" called Side Order of Life, will premiere this July along with State of Mind (Army Wives will premiere in June).
*Yawn* Hey, how's it going? Enjoying your Saturday? That's great. Anyway, since I always like to toss vacuous but entertaining tidbits your way on these lazy weekends, I thought you might enjoy this old PSA for gun safety featuring Jason Priestly and a rapping eagle named Eddie. I've seen segments of this pop up on television before, but this is the first time I've seen it in its entirety. The first scenario shows several kids rooting around "grandma's attic." Now, I don't know who this "grandma" is but she apparently has grandchildren of every race and nationality. That's got to be some kind of record. Also, a rap song about not shooting guns is almost quaint, considering so many actual rap songs are about how much fun it is to shoot guns, and people. Anyway, the point is not to just walk away from the gun, but to first do a few choreographed dance moves and then shimmy out the door with your hands in the air like you just don't care. Enjoy the clip after the jump.
The music network will air all eight episodes of CBS' cancelled Love Monkey beginning next month. That's five episodes we haven't seen, since CBS prematurely pulled it from the schedule (damn you, CBS!).
The first three episodes of Love Monkey (the ones we've already seen) will air back-to-back starting at 7 pm (ET) on April 11. The remaining episodes air weekly on Tuesdays at 9 pm (ET).
"There's a thin line between confidence and arrogance."
That's the quote from Tom Farrell that summarizes this episode, as Tom and True Vinyl hire a critically-acclaimied indie director to direct Wayne's first music video. Are they doing the right thing? Do they have the money for all the effects/equipment/extras he needs to film the video? Will he do something to eventually tick everyone off?
Critics are calling this show a "male Sex and the City." I don't think that's really accurate though. Sure, there's sex in it, and it's set in New York City like that show, but I think it's more like Ed meets High Fidelity. Mostly Ed. I even expected to hear The Foo Fighters' "Next Year" kick in after the opening scene.
But that's a good thing. With just one episode, Love Monkey instantly skyrockets up my "Must See" list, and just could be the best new show of 2006.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 1
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 2 Power of Veto?
- 'Big Brother 17': Why The Twin Twist Has Been Terribly Disappointing
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV: Good Wife vs. Don Johnson, and Sunday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More!
- Kit Harington's Long Hair: Is it a Clue to Jon Snow's Game of Thrones Future?
- Heroes Reborn: Animated Character Posters Reveal the Newbies' Powers
- Falling Skies: Drew Roy Talks Confusing 'Warrior' Cry, Hal's Triangle Troubles
- More From TVLine
- George & Amal Clooney Celebrate Fourth of July in Lake Como with Julia Roberts
- Bobby Brown Performs In Atlanta But Doesn't Mention Bobbi Kristina Onstage
- Billy Joel Secretly Marries Alexis Roderick at Long Island Estate
- Princess Charlotte Christened In Same Church Princess Diana Was Baptized In -- See the Pics!
- Royal Baby Girl Princess of Cambridge Pics
- More From ET