by Mike Moody, posted Dec 2nd 2008 10:02AM
Even before I caught Twilight on the big screen, I was comparing it to Roswell, the great teen sci-fi/romance series that aired on The WB (and later
It's not exactly the most original story in the world. This sort of thing goes back to Bram Stoker's Dracula, (and probably further back than that). Still, after watching Twilight, I was a bit shocked by its similarities to Roswell, especially since Roswell wasn't half as popular as Twilight. I haven't read the Twilight or Roswell book series, so I can't tell you if the similarities persist in print (but my friend Stephanie can). I can only compare the big screen and TV versions.
From major plot points to character motivations, these two franchises have a lot in common, but one clearly stands above the other. Let's compare, and you'll see what I mean:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' fall finale: [SPOILER] breaks up while [SPOILER]'s days are numbered
- 'The Big Bang Theory' recap: The gang imagines life without Sheldon in 'The Cooper Extraction'
- 'The X Factor' results: Did Restless Road or Jeff Gutt go home?
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 4 Q&A panel live stream
- 'Game of Thrones': King Joffrey's 10 most evil moments
- More From Zap2it
- The X Factor Season 3 Semifinal Results Recap: What Doesn't Kill You Makes a Fighter
- Vampire Diaries Recaplet: A Shot in the Heart
- Kurt Sutter to Follow Up Sons of Anarchy With Period Drama Pilot for FX
- Grimm's David Giuntoli Talks Sewers, Stunt Mishaps and Why Santa Had It Coming
- Video: Dulé Hill On Psych's Musical Episode, [Spoiler]'s Looming Death and the Series Finale
- More From TVLine