July 25, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Nov 9th 2009 11:30PM
(S05E07) During most episodes of HIMYM, you tend to forget that this whole show is told from the perspective of Old Ted, who's telling his kids the longest, most boring meet-up story in history of the world. Bob Saget's narration often just goes in one ear and out the other, like the background music. But there are some episodes where the storytelling aspect of the series is firmly in place, with the exaggerations, changes, and bad memories often associated with this activity.
This was one of those episodes. Was Barney really that fat? Was Robin really that haggard? Did Archisexture really accidentally "fly" into Ted's VCR? Of course not. But those whoppers from Old Ted were what made this episode so entertaining. That and Alan Thicke. But Alan Thicke always makes things entertaining; he's Alan Thicke, for crissakes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'The Judges Decide'
- [Video] 'Bones' Comic-Con 2014 Spoilers: Booth Traumatized, New Digs and the 200th Episode
- 'Game of Thrones' at Comic-Con: 9 New Stars Cast in Season 5
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 5 Premiere Date and Trailer
- 'iZombie' at Comic-Con 2014: It's More 'Buffy' Than 'Veronica Mars' and 6 More Things to Know
- More From BuddyTV
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts Lance Hunter — Is S.T.R.I.K.E. Coming? Plus: Details on Lucy Lawless' Role
- Mary-Louise Parker, Peter Sarsgaard Board NBC Miniseries The Slap
- Teen Wolf's Midseason Trailer Previews Death, Danger and Shirtlessness
- Game of Thrones Adds Jonathan Pryce, Deep Space Nine Alum and More, Casts Sand Snakes for Season 5
- Bones @ Comic-Con: Booth Behind Bars, Remembering Pops and a Return — Plus: Watch the Season 10 Trailer
- More From TVLine