Martin is slated to headline two musical numbers in the episode, which will also feature Estefan's music and some other bilingual tunes. A source told 'EW' that the entire cast is "really really big fans of hers and we love her music and her husband's music."
This week on 'Glee' Santana came out of the closet only for her grandmother to disown her. However, Santana told her classmates that her (as yet unseen) parents were supportive of her coming out. So now the question is, if Glora Estefan is Santana's mom, then who's her dad?
But on 'The Tonight Show' (weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC), we learned that things weren't always so peachy for the actor. Once upon a time, he had to wear form-fitting tights and run around to a "zany" soundtrack.
It was Jay Leno's fault for bringing the whole thing up: "You never dressed maybe as ... Superman?" the host said. "Aw, jeez!" Javier replied. Yes, it's true. Back in 1989, when he was starting out as an actor, Bardem appeared on the Spanish comedy show 'El Dia Por Delante.' And yes, he had to wear a Superman costume. Javier watched, semi-mortified, as Leno replayed the ancient clip.
Sounding like a smitten Twi-Hard preteen, Bardem said, "I had the chance to meet him and he's very nice, very sweet, very smart. I mean, great body, great face. I mean, I was like, alright!"
Whoa there. Hot-blooded straight men don't talk like that in America. He then admitted to flirting with the actor. You're a brave man, Javier. Very brave indeed.
According to the Ausiello Files, Bardem may appear in the upcoming season as a rock star who befriends Artie (Kevin McHale). Apparently the deal was done after Bardem pitched the idea to 'Glee' supremo Ryan Murphy when they worked on the movie 'Eat, Pray, Love.' Bardem joked, "We're going to rock the house ... We're going to do some heavy metal -- Spanish heavy metal, which is the worst."
Just how Spanish heavy metal will fit into the show is anyone's guess, but in season 1, the eclectic soundtrack featured cover versions of everything from Judy Garland to Kiss, Miley Cyrus to Parliament, and Lady GaGa to Rick Springfield.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'The Sound of Music Live'
- 'The X Factor' Predictions: Who Will Be the Top 4?
- 5 Simple Ways 'Reign' Could Avoid Its Heroine's Super Depressing Fate
- 'The Originals': Winners and Losers from 'Reigning Pain in New Orleans'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'X Factor': Alex & Sierra on 'Say Something' and Destiny's Child
- ESPN cancels Will Ferrell's 'SportsCenter' appearance, Ron Burgundy reacts
- 'Mob City' premiere: Frank Darabont's noir is nice to look at, but that's about it
- 'Kirstie' premiere: This pedigree should have better comedy
- 'The Tomorrow People' recap: Kidnapping, Dr. Death and John's lies in 'Thanatos'
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Tonight: Carrie in Sound of Music, Sherlock's Job Insecurity, Reign Siege and More
- Nashville Recap: Friends in Low Places
- American Horror Story: Coven Recap: Head Case
- The X Factor Top 6 Performance Recap: I Stand Here Waiting for You to Bang the Gong [Updated]
- Scandal's Jeff Perry Talks Blindsided Cyrus, Fitz/ Olivia Roadblocks and the 'Exquisite Hell' Ahead
- More From TVLine