by Kona Gallagher, posted Apr 4th 2010 4:43PM
About a year ago, Jay Leno traveled to Michigan to do a show for unemployed auto workers. It got him some good PR, and I'm sure the folks in attendance enjoyed themselves. It was a pretty positive experience all around. Since then, very little has gone right for Leno PR-wise, and now, a year later, he's even screwing things up in the Wolverine State.
In March of '09, Jaws Jumbo Burgers, a burger joint in Farmington Hills, Michigan, made a "Thank You Jay Leno" burger as a way to thank the late night host for doing those free shows. They offered Leno an all-expense-paid trip back to Michigan to try the burger out, but they never heard back from him.
They sent him emails, hand delivered packages, took out an ad in a newspaper; still nothing. They even started a blog,documenting the process of trying to get Jay to acknowledge them, but it was still radio silence. So now Jaws Jumbo Burgers is about to defect to Team CoCo.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Hamby
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 16 Finale Predictions: Who is Going to Win?
- 'Revolution': 23 Shocking Moments from 'Clue'
- 14 TV Characters Who Would Make Good Drinking Buddies
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Grimm' Season 2 finale preview: 5 things to expect in 'Goodnight, Sweet Grimm'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Season 3 finale: McGarrett finds himself in a tight spot
- 'Bates Motel' finale recap: Season 1 episode 10 'Midnight' - Norman goes psycho
- 'Motive' premiere: Are you intrigued by the whys and wherefores?
- 'The Big C' series finale: 'Go get 2 forks' ... and some tissues, please
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Tuesday: Grimm's Dead End, DWTS' Last Dance, Bachelor Bloopers and More
- The Voice Performance Recap: Imperfect 10?
- John Barrowman to Host Celeb Singing Series
- X Factor Makes It Official: Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio to Judge Season 3 With Simon and Demi
- The Goodwin Games: Will You Keep Playing?
- More From TVLine