July 31, 2014
Jeannie Out of the Bottle
by PopEater Staff, posted Apr 10th 2011 11:30AM
Barbara Eden is uncorking the bottle and letting the Hollywood secrets out. In her memoir, 'Jeannie Out of the Bottle,' the 'I Dream of Jeannie' star shares the story of her long and charmed life in Hollywood -- from her Marilyn Monroe connection to working with Elvis Presley, and of course starring as one of pop culture's iconic TV characters.
Although Eden has thrived career-wise, she has also experienced a terrible amount of tragedy. Her second husband was verbally abusive and a cocaine addict, and most heart-breakingly, her only child, Matthew, died of a drug overdose at age 35. Eden talked to PopEater about the lingering pain of losing her son, how she dealt with her difficult 'Jeannie' costar Larry Hagman -- she also loudly disputes claims the show was sexist -- and reveals what it's like to be hit on by O.J. Simpson ("uncomfortable") and Elvis Presley ("sweet").
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 14 Performance Rankings
- August 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: NeNe's New Gig, Kristen's Marriage and All-New 'Wives
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Dylan O'Brien and Shelley Hennig Tease a Rocky Future for Stiles and Malia
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Team America's 4th Mission
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: SNL Alum Visits B99, Scandal, CSI Castings and More
- Rectify Sneak Peek: See What Inspires Amantha to Scream 'Eff That!'
- Girls Courts Spike Jonze for Guest-Starring Role in Season 4
- Running Wild With Bear Grylls Preview: Will Ben Stiller Be Left Hanging...?!
- Ratings: Taxi Brooklyn Hits Highs Vs. Sharknado 2, While Extant Stabilizes
- More From TVLine