by Jane Boursaw, posted Sep 14th 2009 5:00AM
(S02E12) "You may be the strongest, oldest vampire in my queendom, but if I wanted, I could own your fangs as earrings." - The Vampire Queen to Eric
We've come to the end of season two of True Blood, and I'm glad to see the Maryann storyline end (this is no spoiler; Alan Ball talked about it in my interview with him; and yes, Michelle Forbes is a fantastic actress). On the other hand, I'm sad to see True Blood ending and will wait impatiently for season three to start.
But this finale brought an end to a few storylines and set things up nicely for new ones in season three. After the jump, the episode review and your comments. Don't click through if you haven't watched the episode yet!
by Jane Boursaw, posted Aug 31st 2009 4:55AM
(S02E11) "I am gonna kick that bitch's evil ass out of my gran's house, and then you are gonna shoot her." Sookie to Lafayette, about Maryann
Well, they didn't make us wait, and picked up with True Blood right where we left off last week, with Bill walking in on the vampire queen, played deliciously by Evan Rachel Wood. And ... is the vampire queen a lesbian? There were certainly some sexual overtones with her sucking blood out of the girl's leg, and then later saying, "I haven't enjoyed sex with men since the Eisenhower administration." Then again, she did ask Bill if he wanted to have sex, and he politely declined. He also declined her suggestion that he feed on the girl.
"What gives you the right to say no to the femoral blood of a good woman?" she asks. "You know what your problem is, William? You're a snob. Tiny, tiny souls. Or penises. Or both."
by Jane Boursaw, posted Aug 24th 2009 2:04AM
(S02E10) "Jesus and I agreed to see other people, but that doesn't mean we don't still talk from time to time." - Lafayette to Tara's mom, praying over a spellbound Tara
I'm as hooked on Eric as the next girl, but I must admit, I felt a little protective of Bill during that opening scene. Sookie comforting Eric and kissing his blood-tear-stained face over the loss of Godric was sweet, but emotional. If and when that day comes, I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for: Eric or Bill. It would definitely be a tough choice for Sookie.
by Jane Boursaw, posted Aug 17th 2009 5:05AM
(S02E09) "I don't know what you is, but I'm feelin' you, and you a soulless bitch." - Lafayette to Maryann
After so many slam-dunk episodes of True Blood in a row, this one kind of leveled off a little. Still a great episode, just not super-great. But ... there were a few super-great scenes. We'll talk about those after the jump, so those who wish to remain spoiler-free don't yell at me ...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Season 3: Ranking the Looks of 'Marge Madness'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' Episode Photos
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'The Cell'
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'Previously Unaired Christmas'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Prediction: Who Will Win?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Family Guy': Brian already returning from the dead?
- Tina Fey, Amy Poehler's hilariously off-key Golden Globes promo: Watch
- 'Agents of SHIELD' adds two recurring characters, plus a new clip
- TV ratings: 'The Sound of Music Live' scores big for NBC Thursday
- 'Sound of Music Live!': Appreciate it for what it was - a lot of fun
- More From Zap2it
- Did Blacklist's Wig Wow You? Glee's Best Jesus? Dead Cameo? WTF, GH Wedding?! And More Qs
- Scoop: Scandal Season 3 Episode Order Trimmed in Wake of Kerry Washington's Pregnancy News
- Bates Motel Exclusive: Haunting New Season 2 Promos Point to Fresh Blood (and Taxidermy!)
- Ratings: NBC's Sound of Music Live! Does Something Very Good; Glee and Grey's Eye Lows
- Exclusive Once Upon a Time Video: Which Stone-Cold Villain Is Snow White Hunting?
- More From TVLine