October 6, 2015
by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 23rd 2010 11:03AM
There are very few moments in American history when the unrepresented and disenfranchised masses of society manage to muster together enough courage and strength to topple the high watermark of oppression. They seem to come along once in a millennium, but when they do, they give you this warm and fuzzy feeling inside that maybe life doesn't suck as much as you thought it did and everything, like the movies, may actually turn out alright in the end, closing credits, fade-to-black.
The early days of the American colonies saw the uprising of the Boston Tea Party in which angry settlers grew tired of unreasonable taxation. The mid 20th century saw the sluggish but eventual snowballing steamroll of the Civil Rights Movement. And I like to think that the new millennium's moment of triumph goes to the total destruction and annihilation of Fox's 'Spaced' remake. Granted, I'm not setting the bar very high, but it's only been ten years. Baby steps.
by Annie Wu, posted Jul 24th 2009 1:03PM
Hulu has been making all the right, super-sweet moves lately, at least in my book. Not only is the site streaming the marvelous British comedies Peep Show and Green Wing, but now Spaced is on Hulu, too. Spaced! You can tell I'm excited because I put an exclamation mark on it. The show has been available on DVD in the States for quite a while, but now that both seasons are online, there really isn't any excuse to not experience it. Is it obvious that I have a weird, almost evangelical need to spread the word?
by Annie Wu, posted Mar 3rd 2008 7:00PM
Let's start with the good news, because I like ending on a downer. American fans of the British comedy Spaced, starring Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes (nee Stevenson), and Nick Frost, are in for a treat because the Spaced Region 1 DVD finally has a release date! Expect the good stuff to come out July 23 of this year. I'm tempted to buy it just because it's something new, shiny, and Spaced-related, but I already splurged on the 3-Disc Collectors' Set and a region-free player that I got just so that I could watch the series. Why, yes, I am a sad little person.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Scream Queens' Episode 5 Photos: Will Chanel Get Her Pumpkin Patch Party?
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'PhDead'
- 'Heroes Reborn' Episode 4 Photos: Will the Heroes Prevail or be Stopped?
- 'The Flash' Cast Teases Fallout from Singularity in Season 2
- [Videos] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Does Tony Have Royal Blood in Him?
- More From BuddyTV
- Empire First Look: Adam Rodriguez Enters Cookie's Lair
- Video: Jessica Jones Gets Some Air
- Nashville Sneak Peek: Deacon and Scarlett Face Their Toughest Decision
- Ratings: Minority Report Eyes Bleak Future After Second Straight Drop-Off
- Finding Carter: Will Jackson Rathbone's Jared Come Between Carter and Crash?
- More From TVLine
- 'iZombie' Scoop: 6 Appe-Teasers You Need to Devour Before Tuning Into Season 2!
- Sandra Bullock: Having a Child 'Forces You to Get Your Sh*t Together'
- Caleb Logan Bratayley's Parents Reveal 13-Year-Old YouTube Star Died of 'Undetected Medical Condition'
- Kim Zolciak Says She'll Be Back to Perform on 'Dancing With the Stars' Finale
- Cate Blanchett Decided to Marry Her Husband After 3 Days Together
- More From ET