Curry asked if it was hard for Evans to be so hateful to Joan Collins, and Evans seemed taken aback by the implication. "I love to do stunts ... Barbara Stanwick got me involved in stunts when I did 'Big Valley,' so this was a lot of fun, it has nothing to do with hate, it was just choreographed," she protested.
And that's not all. She reportedly let slip that there may even be a script in place. According to 'The Sun,' Collins said she's been in "constant contact" with 'Dynasty' creator Esther Shapiro, "and apparently they've written a script."
But, Collins added, "I can't tell you anything about it -- it's top, top secret. ... I would love to be Alexis again because it was a great role."
Casting Roundup: 'Rules of Engagement' Books Sara Rue and Joan Collins, Robert Patrick Heads to 'Big Love' and More
The 'Less Than Perfect' and 'Popular' star has booked a recurring role on 'Rules of Engagement' as Brenda, the surrogate mother for Jeff (Patrick Warburton) and Audrey (Megyn Price).
Deadline Hollywood also reports that 'Dynasty' veteran Joan Collins will pop up this November as Bunny, Russell's (David Spade) mom.
In other casting news ...
• Mary Lynn Rajskub is heading to 'Modern Family.' Rajskub will play Mitchell's ex-girlfriend from his closeted days. [TV Guide]
• Robert Patrick has been tapped to join HBO's 'Big Love.' Patrick will play Bud Mayberry, the leader of a fringe polygamist group. [Ausiello Files]
• 'Sopranos' star Drea de Matteo will play Will Arnett's stepmother on 'Running Wilde.' Look for the actress to pop up as Didi next month. The role is potentially recurring. [Ausiello Files]
He wrote the classic Star Trek episode "City on the Edge of Forever" (often called by best episode of the original series by fans and non-fans alike), and now he's suing CBS-Paramount over what they have done with the story since he got paid for writing it in 1967. He got paid for the script and got residuals, but in the years after the episode aired the studio has not only published a sequel trilogy with Pocket Books based on the episode, they even had a "Guardian of Forever" talking Hallmark Christmas ornament that said Ellison's lines from his script, so he wants his money.
The man oozed excess testosterone, which might have explained his hair loss later on. You'd think the 23rd century would learn to regrow it better. Then came the 24th century look when baldness was "in". But I digress. It was also his self-confidence that made him without question a chick magnet. This aspect of the character undoubtedly appealed to the uber-nerds who watched Star Trek then and now.
Friday's TCA, which continued cable TV presentations, felt like three days rolled into one.
Just how jam-packed and eclectic are the programs and announcements that were made?
Here's a sample: Dynasty diva Joan Collins is checking into BBC America's Hotel Babylon, Richard Dreyfus (Jaws) is not afraid to get back into the water as host of The Discovery Channel's Ocean of Fear: The Worst Shark Attack Ever and Jonny Fairplay (Survivor) of CMT's Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull-Riding Challenge sadly announced that his beloved grandmother passed away two weeks ago.
The now 80 year-old Charlotte Rae, television's Mrs. Garrett of Facts of Life fame, gave a mouthful to reporters on the red carpet of the LA premiere of Joan Collins and Linda Evans' theatrical turn in Legends. When asked about Collins, Rae responded, "Joan Collins is a bitch! There's no doubt about it. Everyone says she's an extremely difficult person." The Insider sprung the tape of Rae's remarks on Collins in a backstage interview. Collins reply: "Who is this cow!" I don't know what it is about these catty old broads, but I love them.
[Via After Elton]
Former 80s primetime soap stars Evans and Collins star as aging movie star rivals clinging to what remains of their fading glamor. The play, itself, is notoriously lousy. Carol Channing and Mary Martin starred in a mid-80s tour of the show, which was more famous for the backstage rather than on-stage drama. None of that really matters though.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jane the Virgin Casts Rita Moreno as Rogelio's Glam Mother
- Salem Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: See an Intense First Look Photo
- Sneak Peek: Backstrom Reveals He's Been Bullied... and 'Squirreled'?
- TVLine Items: A Most Devious Return, J.K. Simmons' SNL Promos and More
- Grey's Anatomy: Shonda Rhimes on MerDer's 'Intense' Obstacles, Two Docs''Wonderful Journey' and More
- More From TVLine
- FLASHBACK: Keri Russell on 'Felicity' Fame: 'Everyone Kind of Wants a Piece of You'
- Watch This Teacher and His Students Perform an Entire Dance Routine to 'Uptown Funk'
- From Beyoncé to Taylor Swift, Sam Smith's Love for Pop's Greatest Divas
- Everything You Need to Know About 'Empire,' TV's Most Talked-About New Show!
- Budweiser's Super Bowl Commercial About a Lost Puppy Is Guaranteed to Make You Cry
- More From ET