Joan and Melissa Joan Knows Best
Melissa was immediately excited, thinking that her mother could still be nearby but maybe not as close as living under the same roof. But Joan wasn't done with her announcement.
"I think it's so beautiful and light and big and what I thought I would do is I'm going to let you have that house," she said to a stunned Melissa.
"I appreciate the thought but I don't want a new house," Melissa said. But that's not going to stop Joan Rivers. When she decides on something she generally gets her way. She even has a strategy.
Deadline reports that Neflix outbid premium cable networks for the drama by offering a two-season, 26-episode commitment. The company had previously said it wasn't interested in getting into original programming, but with competitors like Amazon nipping at their heels, it seems like a smart move.
In other TV news ...
• Could Ricki Lake return to TV? Depends on what Katie Couric wants to do. If the CBS anchor doesn't renew her contract and heads to daytime instead, Lake's out of luck. [Broadcasting & Cable]
• Joan and Melissa will be back for more hijinks in 2012. WE tv renewed the mother-daughter duo's reality show for a second season. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• Another taxidermy show? As Sarah Palin might say, you betcha! The Discovery Channel announced a new special called 'Taxidermy USA' that's scheduled to air March 31. Do we really need to explain what it's about? [Discovery]
"We put this on your head and then we spill water on you," he said with the sweetest smile while holding up a rag. He was asking if he could waterboard his grandmother.
She admitted that her date, Don, was a good-looking man, and she was certainly enjoying their dance lesson together. There was just one little problem.
"I'm having a lot of fun with him," she said. "Trouble is I think we're both looking for the same thing: A man to love us."
With both of them stubborn-headed, it was going to take one of them willing to make that phone call to get them back on speaking terms. When Melissa Rivers finally took the initiative to call her mother, you could tell both of them were so grateful the silence had been broken.
It started with Melissa asking Joan about her recent visit to Letterman, but that was just hedging arounded what they both wanted. Joan broke down, both women apologized and then Joan finally admitted what they both wanted.
Joan and Melissa Rivers Have It Out in a Team-Building Fight on 'Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?' (VIDEO)
With all the friction in the house, a team-building expert is brought in, but she quickly winds up as little more than a referee as Melissa and Joan finally started unloading all the tension that's been building between them.
Melissa told her mother that her constant criticism makes her feel like a failure, to which Joan responded, "Everything I say, Melissa, you take as negative."
At the latter location ("He was a major fan of Judy Garland"), Joan charged confidently into the home's front yard and began sprinkling ashes on the ground and surrounding foliage. She wasn't worried about trespassing.
"Rest in peace, Uncle Tommy," she said before launching into 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow.' A resident stormed out and yelled, "What the hell are you doing!? Get outta here before I call the cops!"
As she left, a neighbor shouted, "Joan, we love you!" She replied, "Love you back! The person who lives in Judy Garland's house is not nice!"
Boundaries. In politics they can lead to war. On 'Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?' (Tue., 9PM ET on WE), we find that in family they mean much the same thing. And apparently Joan Rivers doesn't understand the concept at all.
After her daughter Melissa Rivers took the stance of "I'll think about it" to an offer from 'Girls Gone Wild' founder Joe Francis regarding a nude photo shoot, Joan decided to take matters into her own hands.
You could argue that she was perhaps well-intentioned, but there is no way anyone could think her tactics could work. Joan decided to take some surprise photos of Melissa in the nude to show her that it was no big deal.
Right off the bat, she got an intimate encounter with Melissa's nanny. Joan went with her and Cooper to the beach, and while the boy ran off to boogie board, his nanny asked "Ms. Rivers" to put lotion on her back.
Now, she was wearing a string bikini top, and apparently that pesky string was too much on her back. But rather than just have Joan work around it, the nanny just decided to remove her top completely.
Melissa was offered $400,000 to pose naked in a "Hollywood Moms Gone Wild" video and turned it down. "Is she out of her mind?!" Joan said. So -- as evidenced by the clip Kimmel showed -- Joan took matters into her own hands. She snuck into the bathroom and filmed Melissa in the shower. "The title of the show should be 'My Mother Is a Maniac,'" said the host.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Moments of Emma and Regina's Road Trip From 'Lily'
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'High Sparrow'
- Bruce Jenner's Docuseries Gets Premiere Date, 'Kardashians' Stars Show Support
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.20 Photos: Will Klaus Make a Deal with Dahlia?
- 'Revenge' Recap: Death Doesn't Stop Victoria from Trying to Bring Down Amanda
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Strike Back Premiere Date, an Americans Return and More
- Good Wife Finale Scoop: Kalinda Will Be Back (and Fans Will Be Very Happy)
- Lip Sync Battle: Watch Michael Strahan (and Special Guests) Serve Up 'Poison'
- The Returned Sneak Peek: Nikki Tells Julie the Dark Truth(s?) About Victor
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo: I'm 'Excited' for Meredith's Life After Derek
- More From TVLine
- Move Over, Channing Tatum! Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' Poster Is Everything
- Sophia Bush 'Devastated' by Death of Ex Dan Fredinburg in Nepal Earthquake
- Mariah Carey Disses Nick Cannon in New Break-Up Track? 'Boy You Actin' So Corny Like Fritos'
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Dance and Cuddle at Stagecoach
- Legendary Actress Jayne Meadows Allen Dies at 95
- More From ET