Director Alfred Hitchcock once said, "Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it."
Yes, having a camera stuck in your face for an hour or more a day must take a toll on your sanity. Your privacy is virtually limited. Your every move is scrutinized and criticized by faceless meanies. Your therapist is one session away from owning his own fishing trawler.
It's only a matter of time before the grasp of sanity is clipped away like a loose thread on a homemade snowman sweater and you turn into a blubbering, snotty, incoherent mess for all the world to enjoy. These are the personalities who lost it and may or may not have gained whatever "it" is back.
- Cinematical is at Sundance and writer Eric Snyder outs fellow blogger, Defamer's Stu Van Airsdale as a joke thief. FACT: Cold weather and Mormons bring out the worst in people.
- So what do you make of the whole "Joaquin Phoenix as a rapper" thing? Personally, I think it's a joke or an over-extended performance piece. Regardless, Casey Affleck is making a documentary about Phoenix's quest. Share your thoughts over on Cinematical.
- If freezing your ass off in your own town isn't enough for you, you can imagine what you would be doing while freezing your ass off in Park City, Utah when you read Sundance in 60 Seconds.
- After seeing a trailer, I twittered that I couldn't think of a movie more unappealing than Bride Wars. I quickly got a reply from a movie reviewer friend who said, "Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Trust me." See if she was right when Cinematical reviews Paul Blart: Mall Cop.
- January is pretty much a dead zone for movies. Cinematical was able to find seven decent ones, though. Go figure. Check out the Cinematical Seven: Great January Movies.
First things first. I caused a minor kerfuffle when, in my last column, I wrote "If there exist a metaphysical bridge between 'gay' and 'southern' it is Clay Aiken." This was erroneously construed as a slam against The Clay and caused a few folks to venture a guess as to what the hell I meant by that. The statement was not an insult. It was the result of months of exhaustive research that took me on a journey not only to the outer reaches of the cosmos, but into the depths of my very soul.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine
- Kate Upton Named People's Sexiest Woman Alive
- Sony Hacking Scandal: Did Hollywood Cave In?
- Craig Ferguson Passes 'The Late Late Show' Torch to James Corden
- Gloria Estefan Dreams of Performing in a Free Cuba, Can She Go Home?
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- More From ET