This is rather stunning news.
ABC movie critic and entertainment editor Joel Siegel has died at the age of 63. He had been battling colon cancer for a very long time, since discovering he had it at age 57. His family and friends were with him when he died.
Siegel started at WABC-TV and then reviewed movies on Good Morning America He also authored the book Lessons For Dylan, a guidebook for his unborn son on how to live life. He was also one of the cofounders of Gilda's Club, along with Gene Wilder, who lost wife Gilda Radner to cancer.
Smith, who admits to obsessing over reviews, ripped Siegel on his MySpace blog, then confronted him on the "Opie & Anthony" radio show yesterday, calling what he did "unprofessional". TMZ has the audio of the shouting match, where Siegel doesn't realize he's even talking to Smith until a few minutes into the argument.
[via Pop Candy]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Vanessa Picks the Other Side
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- 'Bones': 10 Memorable Moments at the Jeffersonian
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 9
- More From BuddyTV
- Justin Bieber Returns to the MTV VMAs: Grade His 'Comeback' Performance
- Fear the Walking Dead Recap: It's the End of the World as They Know It
- Wes Craven, Horror Legend, Dead at 76
- Miley Cyrus Hosts the 2015 MTV VMAs: Grade Her Cameo-Filled Opener
- Quotes of the Week: Hannibal, Scream, Bachelor in Paradise, Days and More
- More From TVLine
- Horror Icon Wes Craven Dies at 76
- No 'Bad Blood' Here! Taylor Swift Joins Nicki Minaj on Stage During 2015 VMA Opening Performance
- Amber Rose Is 'Embracing the Negativity' With Shocking MTV VMAs Outfit
- Billy Ray Cyrus' Advice to Miley: 'Do What You Do Because You Love It'
- Taylor Swift Debuts Sultry 'Wildest Dreams' Video at MTV VMAs
- More From ET