Ferguson starts off with a totally normal question. He asks what John has been up to lately. Mr. Malkovich replies that he starred in an opera about an Austrian serial killer. Okay, that's weird. Craig wants to know if John can sing -- since singing is a requirement if you're in an opera. "... Um, no," John says. He's in a musical but he can't sing. This is getting weirder.
It's never explained, however, why John Malkovich is greeting him in heaven. Unless it's not supposed to be Malkovich and is just a character he's playing. [via Adfreak]
(S34E10) The majority of this episode was pretty good. John Malkovich didn't contain the same contagious energy as other hosts this season, like Anne Hathaway or Tim McGraw, but infused the episode with his own... Malkovich-ness. Anyone that has seen his work knows what I'm talking about. I especially liked it when he introduced the musical guest(s), because it was hilariously obvious that he's never heard of any of these guys. Speaking of the musical guests, does T.I. really have a song about waving Gucci scarves in the air instead of dancing at the club? I feel like that's more of a surefire way to get shot at a club than carrying a gun in your sweatpants.
His character is a forensic scientist, like Grissom, but don't expect him to have Gil's fascination with insects. No, Fishburne's man has other bugs: he's a former pathologist and college lecturer who's focused on why people commit acts of violence. It should be interesting to see how his preoccupation with the why integrates with the other CSI gang who are all Grissom-trained and generally obsessed with how a crime is done and who done it.
Fishburne will be introduced in the ninth episode when his character meets members of the CSI team during a murder investigation and ends up joining them.
Petersen will be returning for occasional guest appearances, but will the show ever be the same? Maybe not, but it doesn't have to die a slow, painful death either.
Laurence Fishburne is in talks to succeed Peterson as the star of the show, and I think he has the chops to do it. His monologue in the feature film Bobby gave me goosebumps and turned me into a diehard fan.
CBS executive session: Peterson's CSI departure, Moonlight fans, and a different sensibility - TCA Report
Anyway, she addressed the departure of William Peterson from CSI, just about right off the bat, giving the gathered writers a clue as to the nature of the character who will be coming in to fill his void. Oh, and Tassler is studying to become a cantor. For some reason, a reporter asked her about that.
We told you yesterday about William Petersen leaving his role as Gil Grissom on CBS' CSI. Now comes word that a bunch of actors have either been asked to take his place or have at least been talked about taking his place.
First on the list is John Malkovich, who was actually asked to take over the role but said 'no' (that would have made him a strong contender for this award next year). Other names that have been brought up include Kurt Russell and Laurence Fishburne.
Wow, those are two exciting names, actually. Two strong movie actors with TV ties. I can picture both of them in the role and really giving the show a little jolt. Personally, I think they should hire Tim Daly, have the team go private, and change the show's title to Eyes.
After the jump, some more names that might be added to the list...
Lost producers have said that Perrineau, who plays Michael, still has a role in the show. But, last we saw him he betrayed his friends to get his son back and was driving off into the sunset in The Others' boat.
"Revenge of the Birds": The ol' H5-NI fear has been running rampant and the government finally stepped up and released its plans to combat any potential outbreak in the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza report. Here's a synopsis: "We dunno what to do, we dunno what to do, we dunno!" Jon suggested an alternate title for the Strategy... "RUN!"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Interview: Co-creators Discuss Delphine's 'Conundrum' and the Threat Rachel Still Poses
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From Gotham, Game of Thrones, iZombie and More
- The Voice Outtakes: Reba Coaches 'the Poot' Out of the Top 12
- Jonathan Crombie, Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables, Dead at 48
- Eye Candy Cancelled at MTV
- Post Mortem: Orphan Black Boss on Helena's Pal, Mean Delphine & More
- More From TVLine
- Nick & Vanessa Lachey Post First Pic of Baby Brooklyn
- Miley Cyrus Wears Nipple Pasties to Joan Jett's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Scorpion Psychosis, Mystery Elevator Clone & More Answers Revealed!
- 'Outlander' Postmortem: Caitriona Balfe & Sam Heughan Dish on Big Secrets Revealed!
- More From ET