"We made all these promises that we would give them answers and so they're still looking for a way to continue telling the story," said Ritter about 'The Event.' "Whether another channel picks it up, they're still in talks to see if that can happen. Maybe do a wrap-up miniseries. They eventually will be getting the answers out in some format or another. Comic book, maybe? I don't know."
This week, we're going to take a bit of a departure from the shows we normally cover. It's very rare that a show that puts out 76 episodes could be considered by anyone to be gone too soon, and yet I make the argument that 8 Simple Rules (for Dating My Teenage Daughter) is that show.
I'm also not going to try and convince you that 8 Simple Rules was one of the greatest sitcoms of all time, because it simply wasn't. It was a fairly standard, solid series headlined by a brilliant comic actor... and then it became something else.
Who knew a show about a family in rural Virginia during the Great Depression would be a bona fide hit? It turned out to be the slice of Americana the country was craving. Find out what John Boy, Olivia, Jim-Bob, Mary Ellen and the others been up to since they bade their TV audience a final goodnight. -- By Kristina Lopez
Alfred Hitchcock doesn't really have a costume, more like a prop. You can almost hear what he said to the crew. Look, I'll stand behind this atrocious pumpkin structure and hold a broom, but I am not going to wear a costume.
Looks like it was shot on the set of Alfred Hitchcock Presents maybe (it was 1958)?
The two doctors who treated actor John Ritter after he went to the hosptial from the set of 8 Simple Rules... have been cleared of negligence charges.
Ritter's wife, actress Amy Yasbeck, sued the two doctors for $67 million, saying that they didn't do as much as they could do to save the veteran actor that night. The jury decided that the doctors were not at fault because nothing could be done to save his life after he suffered an aortic dissection. Defense attorney Stephen Fraser says that Ritter either didn't follow up in his care or didn't take his medication after a previous examination. The actor went to the hosptial from the show's set because he thought he was having a heart attack.
Interestingly, Yasbeck and her family have already collected $14 million from the hospital and other workers at the hospital.
I'm kind of ambivalent regarding this lawsuit. On one hand, the death of a loved one is always a tough time and my heart always goes out to anybody who lost someone special in their lives. On the other hand, we have too many frivolous lawsuits in this country and suing a couple of doctors isn't going to bring John Ritter back.
I'm feeling a little melancholy today. This past Friday, a friend of mine lost two daughters in a senseless automobile accident. They were thirteen and eighteen; one having just started college and the other just entering the magical teen years. It was so sudden and insane that I can't really wrap my brain around it. As a parent, I can only begin to understand what he and the girls' mother are going through, but even then I'm sure it pales in comparison to the reality.
As I thought about this blog and things to post on television, I was struck by how death can have a dramatic and instant impact on a fictional show as well. Sometimes when an actor dies, the show is able to move on with relative smoothness, but other times there is an irreplaceable hole that just never seems to be filled.
1. Where were you born?
Los Angeles, California.
2. How many siblings do you have?
Three. Carly, Tyler, and Stella.
4. Do you have any pets?
I had a lot growing up! My apartment doesn't allow pets. I want a dog though! I love dogs. Thelma and Louise were our two dogs growing up. We also over the years had a bunch of cats. First we had Pippi, who my sister named (The Pippi Longstocking movie had just come out), and Pippi had two kittens, that my brother and I each got to name. I named mine "Fluffy," because I'm sooo creative, and my brother named his "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Ghostbuster," who was also known to the rest of us as "patches."
Here are the new TV DVDs in stores tomorrow.
- The Benny Hill Show - Hill's Angels, Set 6
- The Big Valley - Season 2, Vol. 1
- Dallas - Season 6
- I Dream of Jeannie - Season 3
- Law and Order: SVU - Season 3
- Lucky Louie - Complete Series
- Murder, She Wrote - Season 5
- Three's Company - Jack's Favorites
Oh, this is certainly good news for Newsradio fans: the long-awaited second DVD set is going to be released on February 28.
There will be just the third season in this set, but the third season is a good one, with guest stars like Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Stewart, Ben Stiller, John Ritter and James Caan. This is the season that includes the classic Christmas episode where Jimmy buys everyone new Miatas (except Matthew - who gets tapes and the rights to Fibber McGee and Molly).
The set will also contain several commentaries, like the first set.
Correction: that Xmas episode is on the first DVD set, not this one.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- 'Bones': 10 Memorable Moments at the Jeffersonian
- The Funniest Quotes from ?Big Brother 17? Week 9
- 'The Bachelor' Book Club: Reality Stars Turned Authors
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Finale Post Mortem: Bryan Fuller on Will/Lecter Love, Bedelia's Last Supper, That Siouxsie Sioux Jam
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Khloe Kardashian Spills on Fireworks Fiasco at Boyfriend's Yacht Party: 'No One Would Just Take That Risk'
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- EXCLUSIVE: Kris Jenner Sets the Story Straight on Her Kids' Rumors — And Why She Fell Asleep on Kanye West!
- Josh Duggar's Sister Jessa Speaks at Southern Women's Show, Opens Up About Her Home Life
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- More From ET