Family and the workplace -- two constants in everyday American society. They are the places where we spend most of our lives. Sometimes we spend more time at one over complaints of the other. Other times, we barely want to spend time at either location.
Because these are so important to many people across this country, it made sense that television would delve into both of these environments during the Reality Revolution. However, since a 60-minute show about a senior technical analyst sitting in his four square-foot cube was not likely to draw in the audience, the reality shows that were created focused on those families and workplaces that were a tad more unique. Thusly, shows were created around well-to-do families, celebrity families, or families with multiple children, while workplace shows dealt in tattoos, motorcycles, hair styling, and house-flipping.
Coming in later than the game operas and relationship shows, these family and workplace programs ushered in a new phase of the Reality Revolution and set the stage for the future of reality programming.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Key Moments to Freeing the Author in 'Best Laid Plans'
- 'The Daily Show' Announces Trevor Noah as New Host
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Swoops In and Casts Pippin Star as Hawkgirl
- Finding Carter Stars Tease Lori's Plan, Crash's Return & More Season 2 Twists
- Forever Sneak Peek: Jo Gets Punk'd During Her Date With Isaac
- Dancing With the Stars: We Ranked the 20 Casts, From Worst to Best!
- American Idol: Kelly Clarkson Week Song Spoilers Revealed!
- More From TVLine
- 'The Walking Dead' Boss Talks Glenn's Near-Death, Rick's Reunion and 'Psychotic' Wolves
- Years & Years (Our New Obsession) Have Some Amazing Celebrity Crushes
- Fifth Harmony on Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: 'It's The End Of An Era'
- Ringo Starr Talks Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: 'The Pressure Is More Now'
- Here's How Much Leonardo DiCaprio, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Lawrence and More Make To Star in a Movie
- More From ET