April 24, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 7th 2009 11:03AM
When Andy Richter left Late Night With Conan O'Brien to establish his own career in acting, nobody knew that he'd come full circle and rejoin O'Brien years later. At the same time, nobody knew that creator Victor Fresco would do much the same thing.
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was one of those quirky shows that most people, who enjoy a dash of nonsense in their comedy, really dug. It was a very playful show about a guy working in a massive company. It featured a small ensemble with great chemistry on-screen, and had a unique look at big corporations.
A few years later, Fresco tapped that well again, and we got Better Off Ted, another comedy with absurdist tendencies set in a massive corporation with a small cast. Like Andy, it eked out a second season based more on critical acclaim than ratings. As someone who enjoys both shows, I find myself worrying that Ted will share Andy's ultimate fate, cancellation after the second season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Vampire Diaries Season Finale Sneak Peek: New Photos Reveal 'Violence' and 'Despair'
- NCIS First Look: Hey, Did You Hear the One About DiNozzo and the Admiral's Daughter…?
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 5 Theme Is…
- Exclusive: Big Bang Theory's Raj, Bones' Sweets Embroiled in Unorthodox Love Triangle
- Teen Wolf Season 4, Ed Sheeran Documentary Lead MTV's Newly Announced Summer Schedule
- More From TVLine
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet (VIDEO)
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- More From ET