September 2, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 7th 2009 11:03AM
When Andy Richter left Late Night With Conan O'Brien to establish his own career in acting, nobody knew that he'd come full circle and rejoin O'Brien years later. At the same time, nobody knew that creator Victor Fresco would do much the same thing.
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was one of those quirky shows that most people, who enjoy a dash of nonsense in their comedy, really dug. It was a very playful show about a guy working in a massive company. It featured a small ensemble with great chemistry on-screen, and had a unique look at big corporations.
A few years later, Fresco tapped that well again, and we got Better Off Ted, another comedy with absurdist tendencies set in a massive corporation with a small cast. Like Andy, it eked out a second season based more on critical acclaim than ratings. As someone who enjoys both shows, I find myself worrying that Ted will share Andy's ultimate fate, cancellation after the second season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's 25 Sexiest Women of the New Fall 2014 Season
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Fall'
- Death Watch 2014: What Will Be the First New Fall Show to Get Cancelled?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Dome Hits Low, Ninja Ticks Up, Mistresses Down Vs. Previous Finale
- TVLine Items: General Hospital Recasts Jason, OITNB Star Is Faking It & More
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- Grey's Anatomy Video: Shonda Rhimes Reflects on Show's No. 1 Love Story
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter Account After Rape Tweet
- Exclusive Duggar Clip: Jill & Derek Visit Cancer-Stricken Mom on '19 Kids'
- Supermodels Unite! Cara Delevingne and Kate Moss Team Up for Burberry
- More From ET