by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 7th 2009 11:03AM
When Andy Richter left Late Night With Conan O'Brien to establish his own career in acting, nobody knew that he'd come full circle and rejoin O'Brien years later. At the same time, nobody knew that creator Victor Fresco would do much the same thing.
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was one of those quirky shows that most people, who enjoy a dash of nonsense in their comedy, really dug. It was a very playful show about a guy working in a massive company. It featured a small ensemble with great chemistry on-screen, and had a unique look at big corporations.
A few years later, Fresco tapped that well again, and we got Better Off Ted, another comedy with absurdist tendencies set in a massive corporation with a small cast. Like Andy, it eked out a second season based more on critical acclaim than ratings. As someone who enjoys both shows, I find myself worrying that Ted will share Andy's ultimate fate, cancellation after the second season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Simpsons' come to Florida: Universal Studios is building Springfield
- 'American Idol' stabbing: Candice versus Kree leads to blood
- 'Rookie Blue' Season 4 premiere recap: 'Surprises,' indeed
- 'Showville' premiere: Blaine is the stool capital of the world
- 'Save Me' series premiere: Never has a title been more accurate
- More From Zap2it
- Did NBC's Save Me Make You a Convert?
- Sons of Anarchy Casts Shield Vet CCH Pounder
- TV Season Champs: NCIS Outdraws Sunday Night Football, Top-Rated New Comedies All Got Axed
- DirecTV Comes Full Circle With David Boreanaz, Kate Walsh, Julian McMahon and More
- Exclusive Body of Proof Series Finale Video: Megan Gets to the Bottom of Her Daddy Issues (With a Little Help From a Veronica Mars Grad)!
- More From TVLine