(S03E19) The hunter storyline reached a pivotal climax tonight, and there were lots of twists and turns along the way. The bottom line: Heroes produced another excellent chapter in this volume, and I'm sure we'll be reading soon about how horrible the ratings are and how the show is on the bubble for renewal. Honestly, I'm not sure if the sour taste of two bad volumes in a row has rendered the improvements irrelevant. Perhaps the show is doomed.
I'd hate to think so because it really is as sharp and exciting as it was during its inaugural season. The problem is figuring out how to lure those viewers back who've given up on the show. A guest appearance by John Glover, above, would be nice but it didn't seem to be too highly promoted. I get that it was an important plot twist, but still. NBC renewing and heavily promoting the fact of that renewal could help. We all know how quick people are to jump off of a dying show. If NBC shows some real faith in the show, it at least couldn't hurt it. Maybe, too, they should consider moving it from the Monday night logjam.
Tim Kring and his team over at Heroes HQ have had a tough go of it in 2008. There was the unfortunate bungling of a joke that garnered more ill will, another apology and promise that things will get better, some firings, and, of course, those ratings numbers that just seem to keep dropping. But you know what they say, "It's always darkest before the dawn."
So, rather than put the boots to the show one more time, how about some news that brings with it a sign of good things to come? When last we left our heroes, Sylar had used his newly acquired lie detecting powers to determine that Arthur isn't his father. I'm sure the wave of relief that came with knowing he wasn't related to Peter was glorious. Even better than that, now we know who will be taking on the role of Pa Sylar.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Winter Finale Recap: Nun of a Kind
- The 100 Post Mortem: Star Eliza Taylor Defends 'Brilliant,' Heartbreaking Twist
- Survivor: San Juan del Sur Finale: Did the Right Contestant Win Season 29?
- Parenthood 100th Episode Photos Tease Big Reconciliation, Heartbreaking Tragedy
- Revenge Welcomes Suits' Gina Torres as a Shady Socialite in Season 4
- More From TVLine
- Watch Tom Hiddleston Sing a Christmas Carol With a Puppy in His Lap
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' Names Sole Survivor
- 'The 100' Boss Explains Mid-Season Finale's Heartbreaking Death
- Will Charlie Sheen Return for the 'Two and a Half Men' Finale?
- The 16 Weirdest Celebrity Baby Names of 2014
- More From ET