More comics, more anime and more sci-fi -- what more could a genre geek ask for? Last year's wraparound lineups and record-setting crowds finally persuaded the people behind Toronto's annual genre convention -- Fan Expo --to add an extra day. It now starts on Thursday instead of Friday, and runs from August 25 to 28.
Good thing too, since there are more high-profile guests and "one time only" events than there have ever been. Whether you're a fan of comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, gaming or all of the above, there is bound to be something for everyone.
Comic fans are in for some big announcements from Marvel and DC, and horror fans will get an exclusive screening of 'Near Dark,' the cult horror film from Best Director Oscar winner Kathryn Bigelow. Plus, William Shatner returns to the big screen with documentary 'The Captains,' which features interviews with everyone who has ever piloted the Starship Enterprise.
This is just a taste of what's to come at this year's Fan Expo. For the true highlights of this year's convention, hit the jump.
I have to admit it. I'm getting a little excited for The Tonys. I usually find them boring. The performances are fantastic but the awards in between are a bit of a snore. However, this cast of presenters is intriguing. I'll at least be flipping back and forth hoping to catch the performances and my favorite stars.
The 62nd Annual Tony Awards will be held on Sunday June 15th from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
(S02E13) As we saw last week, Earl re-ignited his quest for karma and began doing good deeds for people again. Although the show this season has strayed from the basic concept and we've seen more character development, the "Cops" episode was this season's nadir, in my opinon, and I thought the show had to get back on track. Last week it did, and this week was more of the same.
What made this episode so satisfying to me was that it took the situation over Joy's stealing of the Bargain Bags truck and the kidnapping of its driver--Josh Martin--and brought it to a whole other level. After Earl gets himself stuck trying to get into his car, and with Slow Roger being of no help, he notices a Bargain Bags truck and flashes back to Joy's misdeeds. He decides to do something nice for Josh by having him get a "regular" massage, but to Earl and Randy's great shock, Josh is dead. Of course, death by being crushed in a Murphy Bed certain qualifies for a Darwin Award, but hey, stuff happens.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Nashville, Flash, Castle, Good Wife, Originals, CSI, Mistresses, Scream Queens and More
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- Astronaut Wives Video: Rene Fears the Worst as Scott's Mission Goes Awry
- More From TVLine
- Taye Diggs Dishes on 'Perfect' Co-Parenting Existence With Ex Idina Menzel
- Halle Berry Recalls First Season of 'Extant': 'I Thought I Got Dropped Off In Hell'
- Demi Lovato Responds to 'Cool For the Summer' Katy Perry Comparisons
- George Takei Has The Perfect Response To Donald Trump's Position on Same-Sex Marriage
- EXCLUSIVE: New 'Star Trek' Doc Reveals Patrick Stewart Wasn't Any Fun on Set
- More From ET