More comics, more anime and more sci-fi -- what more could a genre geek ask for? Last year's wraparound lineups and record-setting crowds finally persuaded the people behind Toronto's annual genre convention -- Fan Expo --to add an extra day. It now starts on Thursday instead of Friday, and runs from August 25 to 28.
Good thing too, since there are more high-profile guests and "one time only" events than there have ever been. Whether you're a fan of comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, gaming or all of the above, there is bound to be something for everyone.
Comic fans are in for some big announcements from Marvel and DC, and horror fans will get an exclusive screening of 'Near Dark,' the cult horror film from Best Director Oscar winner Kathryn Bigelow. Plus, William Shatner returns to the big screen with documentary 'The Captains,' which features interviews with everyone who has ever piloted the Starship Enterprise.
This is just a taste of what's to come at this year's Fan Expo. For the true highlights of this year's convention, hit the jump.
I have to admit it. I'm getting a little excited for The Tonys. I usually find them boring. The performances are fantastic but the awards in between are a bit of a snore. However, this cast of presenters is intriguing. I'll at least be flipping back and forth hoping to catch the performances and my favorite stars.
The 62nd Annual Tony Awards will be held on Sunday June 15th from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. ET on CBS.
(S02E13) As we saw last week, Earl re-ignited his quest for karma and began doing good deeds for people again. Although the show this season has strayed from the basic concept and we've seen more character development, the "Cops" episode was this season's nadir, in my opinon, and I thought the show had to get back on track. Last week it did, and this week was more of the same.
What made this episode so satisfying to me was that it took the situation over Joy's stealing of the Bargain Bags truck and the kidnapping of its driver--Josh Martin--and brought it to a whole other level. After Earl gets himself stuck trying to get into his car, and with Slow Roger being of no help, he notices a Bargain Bags truck and flashes back to Joy's misdeeds. He decides to do something nice for Josh by having him get a "regular" massage, but to Earl and Randy's great shock, Josh is dead. Of course, death by being crushed in a Murphy Bed certain qualifies for a Darwin Award, but hey, stuff happens.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.20 Photos: Hanna Enters a Beauty Pageant
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'The Bin of Skin'
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'The Sound and the Fury'
- 'Scandal' Interview: Scott Foley Teases What's Next After Olivia's Abduction
- [Video] 'Vampire Diaries' Sneak Peek: Will Liv and Luke Have to Merge?
- More From BuddyTV
- Netflix's Wet Hot American Summer Adds Jon Hamm, Chris Pine & More
- The Good Wife Brings Back Gary Cole for Springtime Story Arc
- Scandal: Shonda Rhimes Teases MIA Olivia's New Direction, Stands By Fitz
- Jane the Virgin Casts Rita Moreno as Rogelio's Glam Mother
- Salem Season 2 Gets Premiere Date — Plus: See an Intense First Look Photo
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber's New Music Is Allegedly About Selena Gomez – Listen!
- Everything You Need to Know About New 'Ghostbusters' Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones
- 6 Male Stars Who Lost a Shocking Amount of Weight
- A Stylish Amal Clooney Goes Back to Work, Rebuffs Fashion Question
- Nick Jonas Gets Candid About His Decision to Lose His Virginity
- More From ET