Doctor Who fans can once again rejoice. Episodes of the classic series are now available on YouTube. These are officially sanctioned by the BBC, so there's no piracy in this instance.
In this case, it's a selection of a single episode from four of the ten existing Doctors. There is The Edge of Destruction with William Hartnell, The Krotons with Patrick Troughton, Carnival of Monsters with Jon Pertwee and The Caves of Androzani and The Twin Dilemma with Peter Davison and Colin Baker, respectively.
Classic episodes have been available online before. Netflix had a few in their library for subscribers. This is the first instance I recall in which the episodes are available to anybody in the world at any time.
I note that a bunch of the available stories are written by the fantastic Doctor Who scribe Robert Holmes. This guarantees quality writing to compensate for the poor special effects of the era. Enjoy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Items: JAG Vet to Scorpion, Amy Adams' SNL Promos and More
- Covert Affairs Finale Sneak Peek: Can Calder Keep Auggie Safe?
- The Goldbergs Enlists Charlie Sheen to Reprise His Ferris Bueller Role
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Arrow, Once, NCIS, The 100, Vampire Diaries, Gotham, Bones, H50, Castle and More
- Glee Season 6: Puck, Sam, Santana Get Promo Pics — But What About Tina?
- More From TVLine
- Madonna Compares Album Leak to 'Rape' and 'Terrorism'
- Demi Lovato: The 'Revolutionary' Kim Kardashian Helped Me Accept My Body
- This 'Star Wars' Themed Light Show Sets the Bar for All Future Christmas Light Shows
- Jim Bob Duggar Dismisses Change.org Petition: 'They Won't Succeed'
- Anna Kendrick Makes David Letterman Blush with Furry Sex Toys and Ambien Stories
- More From ET