Doctor Who fans can once again rejoice. Episodes of the classic series are now available on YouTube. These are officially sanctioned by the BBC, so there's no piracy in this instance.
In this case, it's a selection of a single episode from four of the ten existing Doctors. There is The Edge of Destruction with William Hartnell, The Krotons with Patrick Troughton, Carnival of Monsters with Jon Pertwee and The Caves of Androzani and The Twin Dilemma with Peter Davison and Colin Baker, respectively.
Classic episodes have been available online before. Netflix had a few in their library for subscribers. This is the first instance I recall in which the episodes are available to anybody in the world at any time.
I note that a bunch of the available stories are written by the fantastic Doctor Who scribe Robert Holmes. This guarantees quality writing to compensate for the poor special effects of the era. Enjoy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Adds Private Practice Star in Top-Secret Season 4 Role
- Arrow Recruits Spartacus Star as Captain Boomerang in Season 3
- Report: DC Comics' Lucifer Pilot In the Works at Fox
- Nashville First Look: Laura Benanti's Sadie Cozies Up to [Spoiler]
- Bones Open House: Tour Booth and Brennan's Crazy-Cool New Crib
- More From TVLine
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- Jennifer Lawrence Explains What Makes a Woman Powerful in New Dior Campaign
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- 'Dating Naked' Couple Preps for Wedding with Naked Yoga
- Barbra Streisand Talks New Album and Possible 'Gypsy' Movie
- More From ET