Mostly, we've been thinking about how much we will hate them.
Behold, the seven worst (maybe) upcoming TV to film adaptations and why they are bad ideas.
I think that casting would be confusing, but I also think that having Jonny spell his name without an "h" in it is confusing.
Of course, strange casting choices and Hollywood go hand-in-hand (Michael Keaton as Batman? Kevin Costner as Robin Hood?). In an industry that believes that a teenaged Matthew Perry would look exactly like Zac Efron, this shouldn't be a big stretch.
I'm a big fan of The Venture Brothers and their take on the whole Jonny Quest myth. This big screen version of the character would likely be a little less parody and a little more Indiana Jones. What a shame.
On the plus side, I think Dwayne Johnson is a perfect choice for the role of Race Bannon. Who would play Hadji, I wonder?
Do you have a few minutes? How about 310 of them? You'll need that many to watch all 310 (as of this writing) classic, and not so classic, TV show intros listed over at Net Notables.
Originally, the list only contained 101 intros from shows that aired from 1989 and below. But, as commenters continued to ask where their favorite intro was, more and more links were added. Most of them link to videos on YouTube, which means the five hours and 10 minutes you need to view all of the listed items increases exponentially. To give you an example, after you watch the Magnum P.I.introduction that everyone remembers you can also view the first, more jazzy version of the theme.
My friend Wild Bill sent me news that Jonny Quest, the Hanna-Barbera series about the titular lad who accompanies his scientist father on wild adventures, is being made into a live-action movie. The series, much like The Flintstones, The Jetsons and Top Cat, aired during primetime when it first aired in the '60s. New versions of Jonny Quest also popped up in the '80s and '90s.
Like the upcoming Speed Racer flick from the Wachowski brothers, reports so far say the movie will be "family friendly." The movie will serve as an origin story explaining how Jonny's bodyguard Roger "Race" Bannon and Dr. Benton Quest's adopted son Hadji join the family.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Reign' Episode 21 Photos: The Madness of King Henry
- 'Reign': 17 Moments of James, Marriage Troubles and Catherine?s Plots from 'No Exit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 Photos: Stelena in Danger
- 'Parenthood' Season 5 Highlights: Break-ups, Breakdowns and Breakthroughs
- More From BuddyTV
- Devious Maids EP Previews Marisol's 'Dark' New Life and More Season 2 Scoop
- Nashville to Host First Lady Michelle Obama
- Lara Spencer Promoted to GMA Co-Anchor
- SNL to Celebrate 40th Anniversary With 3-Hour Live Special in 2015
- Exclusive Degrassi Sneak Peek: Zig and Miles Come to Blows in the Midseason Finale
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- How Celeb Seafood Hangouts Reel in the Best Catch
- 'SNL' Star Beck Bennett Dishes Out Tough Love In 'Intramural'
- Angelina Transforms Herself Into 'Maleficent'
- Valerie Harper Sets the Record Straight on False Cancer Report
- More From ET