Spiro, who was last seen guest-starring on NBC's 'Harry's Law,' will appear late in the season. According to TVLine, she'll play an acolyte of Colin Hanks' and Edward James Olmos' characters.
In the new season, Hanks plays a student of Olmos's religion professor. The two embark on a murderous path based on religious ideology.
'Dexter' Season 6 premieres Sun., Oct. 2 at 9PM on Showtime.
In other casting news ...
The hotly anticipated series was plagued by production difficulties and casting issues and never really caught fire with viewers.
Originally scheduled to launch last fall, NBC eventuallly debuted it as a summer series, and ratings struggled from the beginning.
'Love Bites' was created by 'Sex and the City' writer Cindy Chupack, who stepped down as showrunner to a consulting producer position during production.
According to TVLine, Polaha will play Gellar's Siobhan's lover. Here's the catch -- he's currently married to Siobhan's best friend! In the pilot, Gellar plays twin sisters, Siobhan and Bridget, both women with quite a few secrets -- and bounties! Bridget poses at Siobhan, thus romantic entanglements begin. Oh, Siobhan is also married.
Get all that?
In other casting news ...
• HBO has added an impressive list of names to its 'Hemingway & Gellhorn' TV movie. Joining Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman are Molly Parker, Parker Posey, David Strathairn, Rodrigo Santoro, Lars Ulrich, Santiago Cabrera, Saverio Guerra, Peter Coyote, Diane Baker and Tony Shalhoub. [Deadline]
• Jordana Spiro has been tapped to star in ABC's 'Lost and Found.' The former 'My Boys' star will play Jo, a New York City-based bartender/party girl whose life is changed when the son she gave up for adoption 18 years ago shows up on her doorstep. [Deadline]
• Thomas Dekker has joined The CW's 'Secret Circle.' Dekker will play Adam, the oldest member of a coven and a potential love interest for Cassie (Britt Robertson). [TVLine]
But Jordana Spiro easily traverses Guy Land in her fourth season as the star of TBS' comedy, 'My Boys.' Her character, sportswriter PJ, goes toe to toe (and beer for beer) with boyfriend Bobby (Kyle Howard) and a cadre of male friends (Michael Bunin, Jamie Kaler, Reid Scott). For some female companionship, she's got BFF Stephanie -- who recently started dating one of those guys, Kenny (Bunin).
Spiro talked to TV Squad recently about the changes to the group in season 4 (premieres Sun., July 25 at 10PM ET), getting her ping-pong on, the sport she obsessed over this year and Conan O'Brien's move to TBS.
Spiro's still contractually bound to her TBS sitcom 'My Boys,' and even though that seems unlikely to be renewed for a fifth season, NBC was said to be unwilling to risk a clash by giving her a starring role in 'Love Bites'.
The new hour-long romantic comedy is planned for the 2010-11 fall season and was to star Spiro and Becki Newton ('Ugly Betty') in the pivotal roles of Frannie and Annie, two single women exploring the worlds of love and dating while all their friends are getting married around them. It's unclear if Spiro will be replaced in the role of Frannie.
Is My Boys the sitcom we all should be watching? We hear so much about 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, even Big Bang Theory, but My Boys has its following too. Last night's episode was about Facebook, and yes, the show has a Facebook page!
Let's just get this out of the way: My Boys isn't a very good show. Calling it mediocre is even going too far. However, I can't be the only one that's watching it, because the TBS sitcom is already a few episodes into its third season. That's right - My Boys has actually been somewhat of a minor success for TBS, partially due to some wise scheduling. Save for the first half of season one, My Boys is always on during the spring and summer months when - surprise - there isn't much else to compete with. The show might not be great, but hey, new TV is better than no TV.
We're far enough removed from Buffy's original run now that there really aren't any surprises left for most of us. By this point we've seen the episodes so many times through DVD, streaming, and syndication that the story has been told. There's still something to be gained from watching again, though.
A little water under the bridge has given all of those bit-part actors that were once feeling lucky to book a Buffy gig a chance to move on to bigger and better things. I'm still occasionally surprised when I catch an old Buffy and realize just who that is standing in the background. After the jump, nine of my favorite small part players from Buffy that went on to bigger successes.
One of the things I dislike about television is when they try to compare a new show to an established classic. You know, when they begin a promotion with "If you liked Friends . . .", or something like that. When I hear that what immediately comes to mind is, "It will absolutely, totally not be like Friends."
So, when I heard promotions for the TBS original comedy My Boys (which premieres on November 28th at 10 pm) start with the line "If you like Sex in the City . . ." I was immediately wary. After watching a few episodes of the series I can honestly say that it is similar to Sex in the City only that the main character is a woman who is a writer. Oh, I'm not saying that the show isn't watchable, because it is, but it is definitely not in the Sex category. In fact, I'm not too sure what category it falls in, other than single-camera comedy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelor' Roundup: Chris Soules' First Interview as The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis' Advice and More
- 'The Strain' Recap: One Friend is Lost, Another is Gained
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kendall Drops Last Name, Brody Feels 'Played' by Kim and More
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Another Week of Bomb Squad Domination
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Big Brother Down But on Top, CBS Dramas Rise, Wipeout Plunges
- Grey's Anatomy Admits The Americans' Annet Mahendru
- Teen Wolf Sneak Peek: Sparks Fly on Scott and Kira's First 'Real' Date
- Falling Skies Season 4 Finale Recap: Over the Moon
- Once Upon a Time First Look: Frozen's Elsa Gets Cold Shoulder in Storybrooke
- More From TVLine