The hotly anticipated series was plagued by production difficulties and casting issues and never really caught fire with viewers.
Originally scheduled to launch last fall, NBC eventuallly debuted it as a summer series, and ratings struggled from the beginning.
'Love Bites' was created by 'Sex and the City' writer Cindy Chupack, who stepped down as showrunner to a consulting producer position during production.
One of the things I dislike about television is when they try to compare a new show to an established classic. You know, when they begin a promotion with "If you liked Friends . . .", or something like that. When I hear that what immediately comes to mind is, "It will absolutely, totally not be like Friends."
So, when I heard promotions for the TBS original comedy My Boys (which premieres on November 28th at 10 pm) start with the line "If you like Sex in the City . . ." I was immediately wary. After watching a few episodes of the series I can honestly say that it is similar to Sex in the City only that the main character is a woman who is a writer. Oh, I'm not saying that the show isn't watchable, because it is, but it is definitely not in the Sex category. In fact, I'm not too sure what category it falls in, other than single-camera comedy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Forever' Interview: EP on 'Big Game-Changing Moments,' Seeing the Anonymous Caller and More
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.6 Photos: It's Halloween Time Again
- 'Gotham' Episode 6 Photos: Facing Demons of the Past
- 'Bones' Episode 10.5 Photos: Brennan Meets Her Rival
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 10 Photos: Tyra Acts as Makeup Artist
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Casts Battlestar Vet as [Spoiler]'s Abusive Ex-Husband
- Trailer: New Series Finds Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara Up Schitt's Creek
- Death Comes to Pemberley Sneak Peek: A Murderous Twist on Jane Austen
- The Flash Stars Talk Caitlin-Ronnie Flashbacks, Tease Firestorm's Arrival
- Castle Recap: Schoolhouse, Rocked
- More From TVLine
- A Glowing Kate Middleton Steps Out for the First Time Since Announcing Second Pregnancy
- Jennifer Garner and Rachel Zoe Team Up for Breast Cancer Fundraiser
- Derick and Jill Duggar Dillard Reveal the Sex of Their Baby
- Justin Timberlake Settles Magazine Lawsuit After Cheating Accusations are Retracted
- Ryan Phillippe Slams His Own Acting Career: I've Only Made 5 Good Movies
- More From ET