On Friday we talked to a shrink who told us he had serious concerns that the show was exploitative and gave a false impression of what actually happens in real drug rehab.
Today we are much less concerned with that theoretical nonsense and want to discuss all the crazy, terrible and embarrassing things we saw on last night's show. Let's get to it, then.
"José Canseco is one good-looking fellow," Richard Hatch said of their choice. "Holy cow!"
Canseco committed fully to the role, coming into the scene with a huge smile for his partner and the camera. After they stopped the cameras, however, his team erupted in laughter.
The 'Celebrity Apprentice' Premiere Was a Ball of Crazy ... and Things Are Just Going to Get Crazier
The cast is such a big ball of crazy that NBC's promos -- and Trump himself in interviews -- have been promoting that fact, emphasizing the screaming matches with Patsy Cline's classic song 'Crazy' as the soundtrack.
But from the first minute of the premiere, the nuttiness factor was amped up a few notches, and not just because Gary Busey talked in a language only Charlie Sheen could understand. By the end of the first task, the entire men's team -- Backbone -- already hated Richard Hatch, who was the project manager. And on the women's side, Lisa Rinna was already at odds with Star Jones, who was the project manager for the team, who called themselves ASAP.
As screwy as things got in the first week, things are only going to get worse, and there are a few glaring clues that this is going to be a heck of a ride:
He volunteered to be the first project manager for the men's team, and then allowed a minor pushing scuffle with fellow contestant David Cassidy to escalate into a boardroom blowout.
"Did you push, as an example, David off? Physically push him," Donald Trump asked Hatch.
"Not physically, intentionally ever," Hatch answered carefully.
Trump Confirms Full 'Celebrity Apprentice' Cast, Includes LaToya Jackson, Lil Jon, Meat Loaf (VIDEO)
He brought along 8x10s of each cast member, and Jimmy Fallon unveiled them one by one: LaToya Jackson, Gary Busey, Star Jones, Atlanta's 'Real' Housewife Nene Leakes, baseball's José Canseco, Lisa Rinna, former teen idol David Cassidy, supermodel Niki Taylor, 'Survivor' Season 1 nudist/winner Richard Hatch, Oscar winner Marlee Matlin, Meat Loaf, Mark McGrath, Playboy Playmate Hope Dworaczyk, Lil Jon, Dionne Warwick and country music's John Rich.
What are your thoughts on these 16 celebs battling it out for charity? Who's the biggest surprise, and who do you think will win?
Let's just say their answers probably wouldn't get them a business-related job anywhere else other than an NBC reality show -- LaToya Jackson's "I'm an entrepreneur, and a Jackson" and Nene Leakes' "When I walk into a room, I own it" aren't actual things you can put on your resume. Jose Canseco's menacing bat swing and Gary Busey's terrifying gaze might get me to think twice, though.
That's right, the men of the new season, Gary Busey, David Cassidy, Richard Hatch, Meat Loaf, Mark McGrath, Jose Canseco, Lil Jon and John Rich, were busy selling pizza for charity outside. Naturally, we went to see.
Check out our guerrilla-style video of Lil Jon and Busey trying to rally New Yorkers inside the pizzeria while McGrath, Canseco and Cassidy hard at work making more pies.
According to TMZ, the three men, along with supermodel Niki Taylor, have been tapped to join the cast of 'Celebrity Apprentice.' Previously reported contestants include La Toya Jackson, Star Jones and Mark McGrath.
Gossip Cop claims TV Land star Lisa Rinna, 'Partridge Family' star David Cassidy, singer Dionne Warwick, rock star Meatloaf, Osca winner Marlee Matlin and Playboy veteran Hope Dworaczyk will also be part of this season's 'Celebrity Apprentice' cast.
Retired athletes used to get jobs as managers or coaches or a job in the announcer's booth or even retire. Now they make a living doing reality shows.
First ex-baseball player Jose Canseco did The Surreal Life and now he's pushing a new reality show (scroll down) titled A Day With Jose. Basically, you go to the web site and tell Canseco what you would do with him if you got to spend the whole day with him. Maybe you'd like to go to a Giants game with him and taunt Barry Bonds! Maybe you'd like to see him as a Chippendale's dancer! Maybe you'd just like to see Jose sit around the house watching television!
OK readers, it's your turn. In the comments, tell us what you'd do if you could hang out with Canseco for a whole day.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Burn Notice' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Michael Suffers from the Deal He Made
- 10 Former Contestants Who Should Be 'American Idol' Judges
- 20 TV Characters To Have a Summer Fling With
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9: First Impressions of Desiree's 25 Men
- 13 Fresh Faces of Summer 2013: Who to Watch in Television and Movies
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Criminal Minds' Season 8 finale: Who fell victim to The Replicator?
- 'Modern Family' Season 4 finale: 'Goodnight, Gracie' ends with a Dunphy funeral
- Farrah Abraham's new show a 'reality docu-soap' with Spinboi Films
- The 'Arrow' cast says goodbye to Tommy Merlyn: Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, and more weigh in on Colin Donnell
- Will @RobbieAmell & @amellywood get competitive on The CW? Watch the vid!
- More From Zap2it
- Idology: Cheering Candice Glover's Season 12 Win, Debating Finale Highs and Lows, Envisioning Changes for a Brighter Idol Future!
- Law & Order: SVU Season Finale Shocker: Is [Spoiler] Leaving the Show?!
- Rookie Blue: Missy Peregrym on Andy and Nick's 'Connection,' Working With Sam's New Squeeze
- Video: Arrested Development Cast on the Brazen, 'Banged-Up' and Possibly Blue-d Bluths
- Fall TV Scoop: CBS Orders Bad Teacher to Series
- More From TVLine