August 20, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Jul 17th 2008 3:03AM
For some reason, reporters were kicked out of the ballroom so ABC could set up for this press conference. But all I saw when I walked in an hour later was palm trees and 1973-era ABC signs (like in the picture above). Wonder why I had to abandon my laptop for that?
Anyway, because many of the critics were fans of the BBC original, the gathered throng of testy TV watchers were eager to question the panel for ABC's version of Life on Mars. It was a relatively small panel, with executive producers Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec, and stars Jason O'Mara and Michael Imperioli. You have to realize that having no pilot to base questions on makes us critics a cranky bunch, and the fact that the show is undergoing a show-runner change (from David E. Kelley to the Applebaum and Nemec), a massive recasting (all of the original pilot's cast, except for O'Mara, is being recast as we speak) and location change (LA to New York) only fuels more questions.
All things considered, the critics took it relatively easy on the panel.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 17 Moments: Questions and Answers from 'No One Here Can Love or Understand Me'
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' for Season 2
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 3?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Top 6 Predictions: Which 2 Dancers Will Go Home?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 4 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Vampire Diaries' Ian Somerhalder Tweets First Pic of Damon in Season 6
- TVLine Items: Sons' Series Finale Date, New Bear Grylls Show and More
- Billy Crystal to Lead Robin Williams Tribute at Monday's Emmy Awards
- Showtime Renews Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex for Third Seasons
- CBS Will Repeat Madam Secretary on Premiere Night, To Offset NFL Delay
- More From TVLine