February 27, 2015
by Jane Boursaw, posted Dec 4th 2009 11:58PM
(S01E10) "You put ordinary people under enough stress, I think you'll find they're capable of anything. – Dr. Rush
While watching this episode of Stargate Universe, I kept thinking of the "Court Martial" episode of the original Star Trek series. Captain Kirk is tried for the wrongful death of a crewmate, but Spock discovers via a 3D chess game that the computer's system has been tampered with and presents the evidence at the trial. Yes, I'm that geeky.
Ok, so that's about all these episodes have in common, and there's only so much you can do with the "trial in space" story. It boils down to the characters, and in this instance, the battle lines were drawn even further in this compelling little murder mystery.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek' Legend Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83
- 'The Amazing Race' Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- 'Agent Carter': What Have We Learned from the First Female Superhero Show?
- 'Kardashians' Family Secures $100 Million Deal with E!
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time's Lana Parrilla Talks Regina's Clash With Team Evil, a 'Cool' Resurrection, Losing Robin and More
- Killing Jesus First Look: Jesus' Crucifixion Recreated for NatGeo
- Supergirl Casts the Heroic Helen Slater and Dean Cain in Top-Secret Roles
- TVLine Items: Enlisted Star Visits Zoo, Covert Alum Joins Dominion and More
- Who Was Missed During Parks Finale? Can Douche Face Dial It Down? Did Bachelor Desecrate? And More TV Qs
- More From TVLine
- Watch the Exclusive Trailer for Lena Dunham's New Doc About Artist Hilary Knight
- EXCLUSIVE 'Broadchurch' Sneak Peek: 'Nothing Will Stay Hidden' in Season 2!
- Zachary Quinto & Other 'Star Trek' Alums Mourn Loss of Leonard Nimoy: 'My Heart Is Broken'
- 19 Burning Questions We Have After That Killer 'How to Get Away With Murder' Finale
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' Dead at 83
- More From ET