October 8, 2015
Journey to Babel
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from the Season 11 Premiere
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Episode 3.3 Photos: Pandora Unleashes a Dangerous Artifact
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.4 Photos: Vance Returns to Field Duty
- 'Quantico' Episode 4 Photos: The Recruits Train for a Hostage Crisis
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' Season Premiere Recap: What's Up With Room 64?
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Casts New Red Priestess, But What Does It Mean?
- Ratings: Arrow Hits Best Premiere Number Since Series Launch
- Vampire Diaries Season 7: Meet the Heretics, Mystic Falls' Greatest Threat
- The Player Sneak Peek: Alex and Cassandra Are Runnin' and Gunnin'
- Nashville Recap: Sob Story
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift Says She Texts Instead of Tweets After Online Feud With Nicki Minaj
- 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Stassi Schroeder Says Her Relationship With Lisa Vanderpump Will 'Never Be the Same'
- Liam Hemsworth Strips Down and Takes a Hot Shower After Surfing -- See the Pics!
- Star Sightings October 2015
- Ashley Benson Sparks Instagram Uproar Over 'Cecil the Lion' Costume
- More From ET