August 31, 2015
Journey to Babel
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Awkward Season Premiere Recap: Naked and Betrayed
- Jane the Virgin Casts Pop Star Kesha as Jane's New [Spoiler] in Season 2
- All My Children Vet Vincent Irizarry Joins Days of Our Lives — Get Details
- Scream Boss on Wes Craven's Death: 'We Were Sucker-Punched'
- Under the Dome End Date Set, Series Finale to Air Sept. 10
- More From TVLine
- Jennifer Aniston Wears Nothing But a Towel in Georgia
- Emmy Rossum Is Engaged to 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail -- See What He Said!
- If Kanye West Runs for President in 2020, Here Are 8 VP Candidates He Should Consider
- Katie Holmes Looks Dramatically Different While Holding a Gun in Chilling New On-Set Photo
- Julia Roberts Steps Out With Family -- See How Big Her Kids Have Grown!
- More From ET