March 6, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.17 Photos: Tony's Dad Offers His Expertise to the Team
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Who Pops the Question?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Girls Performance Rankings
- NBC Sets Summer 2015 Premiere Dates with 'Hannibal,' 'America's Got Talent' and More
- First Look at 'Supergirl' Costume for CBS
- More From BuddyTV
- Glee Recap: Hostile Makeover
- Pilots: Lying Game's Alexandra Chando Is Among The CW's Dead People
- Pilots: Lauren Ambrose Rounds Out Cast of ABC's '70s-Set Broad Squad
- Gotham Casts Tech Guru Lucius Fox
- Supergirl vs. Wonder Woman, Black Canary and More: Which Crimefighting Costume Is Most Super?
- More From TVLine
- 'Insurgent' Star Jai Courtney Has a 'Tumultuous Relationship' With Theo James
- 8 Celebrities Who Waist Train
- Inside the $75 Million World of Wolfgang Puck, Chef to the Stars
- 'Big Bang Theory' Pays Tribute to Leonard Nimoy: Impact Was 'Everlasting'
- Amal Clooney Adds New Job to an Already Impressive Resume
- More From ET