March 30, 2015
by Allison Waldman, posted May 10th 2009 9:03AM
Today is Mother's Day, and while J.J. Abrams' new big screen version of Star Trek re-imagines the mythology of the Enterprise crew and vanquishes Spock's mother Amanda in an alternate time line, I prefer to remember Spock's mother the way she was on television. On the original Star Trek episode that aired on November 17, 1967, "Journey to Babel," introduced Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan and his lovely human wife Amanda, when they boarded the Enterprise on a diplomatic mission. It was a shock to Captain Kirk to discover that the elegant older couple were not merely envoys, they were in fact, Spock's parents.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 3?
- 'The Bachelorette' Rumor: Is Nick Viall Joining Season 11?
- 'Millionaire Matchmaker' Star Patti Stanger Witnessed 'RHONYC' Star Ramona Singer's Husband Cheating
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Everybody Wants a Piece of Alicia Following the Election
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Far Does Emily Go to Clear Daniel's Name?
- More From BuddyTV
- Revenge First Look: Victoria Plots Her Next Move After Emily's Big Reveal
- iZombie Sneak Peek: Blaine Is Hungry for Answers — and Liv's Brains
- Following Freshman Michael Ealy on Death, Destiny and Missing Dorian
- Doctor Who Season 9: Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams to Raise Some Hell
- Trevor Noah Named New Daily Show Host, Succeeding Jon Stewart
- More From TVLine