March 1, 2015
by PopEater Staff, posted Jul 6th 2011 4:45AM
The ink is barely dry on the jury's verdict, but already speculation's growing as to what happens next for the main players in the Casey Anthony trial. Many pundits agree that Judge Belvin Perry may have a second career waiting for him as a television judge. Could he be the next Judge Judy?
Fox news commentator Joey Jackson said, "I can certainly see him becoming the next big TV judge."
After months of court proceedings, on Tuesday, Perry confirmed the jury's verdict that Anthony was not guilty of first degree murder -- a verdict that visibly outraged the celebrity Twitter community. But Perry's shocking ruling, although an unpopular one, may only further catapult him into the celebrity judge world. Guilty or not guilty, Perry stuck to his guns throughout the trial, keeping attorneys in line and holding them accountable, dealing with even the craziest aspects of the case with an even temperament and being patient, yet rigid, in moving the case forward.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Dakota Johnson Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from Grey's, Mindy, Parks and More
- Ratings: Five-0 Slips to Low, Last Man Rises, Cristela Ticks Up, Dixie Flat
- Performer of the Week: Lady Gaga
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Honors His Late Mother & North -- See the Tattoos!
- Kate Mara Doesn't Want You to Eat Meat On Mondays and Here's Why
- William Shatner Feels Awful for Having to Miss Leonard Nimoy's Funeral
- Did Ryan Gosling Get His Daughter's Name Tattooed on His Knuckles?!
- Alicia Keys Shows Off 2-Month-Old Baby in Most Adorable Family Pic!
- More From ET