July 31, 2014
by PopEater Staff, posted Jul 6th 2011 4:45AM
The ink is barely dry on the jury's verdict, but already speculation's growing as to what happens next for the main players in the Casey Anthony trial. Many pundits agree that Judge Belvin Perry may have a second career waiting for him as a television judge. Could he be the next Judge Judy?
Fox news commentator Joey Jackson said, "I can certainly see him becoming the next big TV judge."
After months of court proceedings, on Tuesday, Perry confirmed the jury's verdict that Anthony was not guilty of first degree murder -- a verdict that visibly outraged the celebrity Twitter community. But Perry's shocking ruling, although an unpopular one, may only further catapult him into the celebrity judge world. Guilty or not guilty, Perry stuck to his guns throughout the trial, keeping attorneys in line and holding them accountable, dealing with even the craziest aspects of the case with an even temperament and being patient, yet rigid, in moving the case forward.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- More From TVLine
- Fox News Anchor Bob Beckel Calls 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman A 'Slut'
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- More From ET