July 3, 2015
by PopEater Staff, posted Jul 6th 2011 4:45AM
The ink is barely dry on the jury's verdict, but already speculation's growing as to what happens next for the main players in the Casey Anthony trial. Many pundits agree that Judge Belvin Perry may have a second career waiting for him as a television judge. Could he be the next Judge Judy?
Fox news commentator Joey Jackson said, "I can certainly see him becoming the next big TV judge."
After months of court proceedings, on Tuesday, Perry confirmed the jury's verdict that Anthony was not guilty of first degree murder -- a verdict that visibly outraged the celebrity Twitter community. But Perry's shocking ruling, although an unpopular one, may only further catapult him into the celebrity judge world. Guilty or not guilty, Perry stuck to his guns throughout the trial, keeping attorneys in line and holding them accountable, dealing with even the craziest aspects of the case with an even temperament and being patient, yet rigid, in moving the case forward.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fireworks! 25 Explosive TV Moments, Including Thrones Death, Once's Dark Hero, an Inhuman Twist and More
- Fall TV: Reign vs. Undateable vs. Race, and Friday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- The Fosters Sneak Peek: Stef and Lena Suspect [Spoiler] Is Preggers
- Hannibal Recap: Bowels to the Wall
- Rookie Blue Recap: Father Doesn't Know Best — But Does Sam?
- More From TVLine
- This Is What the Cast of 'Back to the Future' Looks Like 30 Years Later
- Miss USA Contestants Speak Out on Staying in the Pageant: 'We Were Not Going to Let Our States Down'
- Scott Eastwood Shows Off His Ripped Abs at Beach Shoot – See the Hot Pics!
- Hilary Swank Has Put Her Career on Hold to Care for Her Ailing Father
- Diddy Avoids Felony Charges for Alleged UCLA Fight
- More From ET