(S05E15) As much as I don't want to compare Julia Louis-Dreyfus' new show to her old one, I can't help but notice some similarities with this week's installment. Much of what made 'Seinfeld' work was in the way people outside of that core four reacted to just how deplorable those people really were. When we were in that inner circle with them, it all sort of worked and we didn't really realize how bad they were.
Now, Christine Cambpell is far more obviously a terrible person than Elaine Benes, but as with 'Seinfeld,' we often don't realize just how horrible she is. Even moreso, when put in the context of Christine, Richard and Matthew, Barb often comes across as the only sane and rational one. And yet, when you put these people out and on display in front of so-called normal people, they simply look awful.
Someone at Funnyordie.com has compiled all of Cosmo Kramer's entrances from all 174 episodes of Seinfeld into one viral video. I've tried counting them and got three different totals on three different tries. See if you can count the number of entrances. As an added challenge, the only rule I made for myself is that they must include the actual Kramer played by Michael Richards coming through the door, not the guy playing Kramer on Jerry's show-within-a-show, Jerry. I also counted scenes where someone is opening the door for Kramer but not the final scene were Kramer is running out the door.
I gave up during the fourth try since my eyes completely melted out of their sockets, a sign that I should really stop doing something. The same thing happened when I tried to do a review of Michael Strahan's Brothers.
[via Mental Floss]
I don't watch The Real Houswives of anywhere, but if this is the intellectual capacity of their "stars," then I'm glad I don't. I couldn't tell if they were putting on an act or if they were being themselves. Either way, it was obnoxious and I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle each of them. The blondes were enforcing stereotypes left and right!
If it was all an act, then that's even more unfortunate, because it means they're playing characters rather than being themselves. What? A reality show that's less than real? It was funny that their first reaction to seeing a picture of Nancy Pelosi was that she needed botox. And of course, they had no idea who she was, or anyone else.
If it's the second option, then stop being so selfish and share your cure with the world. Stop being so cold, no pun intended.
2009 could mark the beginning of Richards' comeback, as he and the rest of his Seinfeld pals will make an appearance during the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Now that the fall shows are drying up, those midseason replacements are becoming more and more essential. Zap2It tells us CBS has shifted the premieres of The Captain and The New Adventures of Old Christine from January 28 to February 4 (so as to not compete with the State of the Union Address). And furthermore, The Captain has been redubbed Welcome to the Captain.
In this new series, Fran Kranz plays a young man who moves into a legendary Hollywood apartment complex. His new neighbors are played by the likes of Raquel Welch, Jeffrey Tambor, Chris Klein and more. Which I guess means it's a show about a bunch of wacky neighbors, as opposed to the requisite one.
Over here at the TV Squad studios, this show has caused a little dissention among the ranks. Some of us fear the "Curse" is just waiting in the wings, while others like myself enjoyed it thoroughly. Regardless of what the majority of America thought of the show, they sure tuned into watch it. Although she didn't beat Deal or No Deal in her first showing at 8:30pm, she did trump the Donald at 9:30pm. Next week is going to remain the true test of her show though to see if she can retain that viewership. Will she sink or swim as she in her new permanent slot next week? Tune in to find out.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Red Nose Day Draws Small Crowd, Wayward Pines Rises
- 19 Kids and Counting: Should TLC Cancel the Series in the Wake of Josh Duggar Sex Abuse Confession?
- Is Supergirl the Earliest Pilot Leak Ever?
- Wet Hot American Summer First Look: The Camp Staff Reports for Duty
- Wayward Pines Sneak Peek: Sheriff Pope Gives Ethan's Wife Some 'Help'
- More From TVLine
- Jessica Simpson Celebrates 'Sexiest Day' of Her Life: Meeting Husband Eric Johnson
- Why Andy Cohen Initially Didn't Want Bethenny Frankel or Lisa Rinna on ‘Real Housewives'
- Star Sightings May 2015
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' Mansion Is Up For Sale
- Kendall Jenner Hangs With Rob Kardashian's Ex Rita Ora at AmfAR Gala
- More From ET