You may not have realized it after coming off of your President's Day Booze and Beef BBQ, but February 17th was the voluntary day for television stations to turn off those piddly analog signals and crank up their digital ones. Other than one guy shooting his television over the conversion, the switchover of about a quarter of the 1800 television stations in the U.S. went off fairly smoothly. Course, this was just the dress rehearsal. The real performance will be on June 12th, which has become the new 'no change' cut over date.
Being a proud citizen of the United States, I thought I'd take your pulse once again and find out if any stations in your viewing area cut over on Tuesday. If they did, and you were one of those remaining folks without a cable hookup, did you encounter any problems with your new digital converter box? Also, just out of curiosity, was there one major market station that remained in analog mode while the others jumped into the digital pool?
Come on, Americans! Let your voice ring out on this matter.
Seriously, though, will it matter if the transition date is February, June, or sometime in Obama's second administration? At this point, even the most casual observer has figured out that the transition hasn't been communicated very well to the American public. People who have cable or satellite still think that they need to buy a new HDTV or upgrade to digital cable in order to be compliant with the conversion, people who got discount coupons for converters early on have found that the coupons have expired and they can't get more, and the people who have converted are being surprised that some weak stations won't come in due to the "digital cliff effect."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.3 Photos: SAMCRO Goes After an Important Alliance
- Meet the Cast of 'American Horror Story: Freak Show'
- [Video] 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Premiere Sneak Peek: How Is Caroline Handling Losing Bonnie?
- 'Gotham' Interview: David Mazouz on Bruce Wayne's Extraordinary Maturity and Comprehension
- 'America's Next Top Model' Interview: Mentor Yu Tsai on Staying Out of the Drama, His Picks for Top 4 and More
- More From BuddyTV
- NCIS' Sean Murray Previews 'Classic' Season 12, McGee/Gibbs Bonding
- The Mysteries of Laura Sneak Peek: 'Captain Booty' Lays Down the Law
- TVLine Items: South Park Tackles the NFL, Sheen Eyes Men Return and More
- Murder, He Wrote: Meet the Man Behind Shondaland's Latest Wild Ride
- Ratings: Madam Secretary Samples Well, Good Wife Premiere Dips
- More From TVLine
- Emma Watson Delivers Passionate UN Speech On Gender Equality
- Gabrielle Union Confirms Nude Photo Leak: 'We Have Done Nothing Wrong'
- Ginnifer Goodwin Makes Her First Post-Baby Red Carpet Appearance
- EXCLUSIVE: Paula Deen Struggled With Agoraphobia Fears After Racial Slur Scandal
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch Dierks Bentley Fly on the 'Say You Do' Set
- More From ET