Do not adjust your web browser. You are now entering the Retro Squad, where we are reviewing past episodes of classic TV shows.
When one of our favorite TV shows goes off the air, it can be devastating. However, many times, the cancellation is the birth of a spinoff. Sometimes it can be a great thing (Frasier) and sometimes not so much (AfterM*A*S*H). Here are some this month's spinoff ideas that I would love to see.
So you Think You're a Gentleman
Do you have the power to take away the ability of speech? Can you make it look like you're floating while walking? Are you one of the creepiest looking people in the world? Then you might be just what "The Gentlemen" are looking for. "The Gentlemen" from the Emmy winning Buffy episode 'Hush' are looking for a new member and you may be him. Please send in a videotape of yourself flashing your creepiest smile and detailing what makes you the only choice to be the next Gentleman. Hosted by Doug Jones
But now she can add "sitcom writer" to her credits; she just wrote an episode of The Disney Channel's hit Wizards of Waverly Place, according to the New York Daily News. Apparently, she's a friend of executive producer Peter Murrieta, and she got to know some of the show's writers during the writers' strike. So, when the strike ended, she was invited to write an episode for the show.
(S04E16/S04E17) "I'm Wayne Davis. We're about to have some fun." - Wayne
Answers. As ABC promised us, we've got them. The two-hour season finale of Desperate Housewives wrapped up the season-long Katherine/Dylan/Wayne storyline, sent Kayla packing, and paved the way for a revamped Wisteria Lane.
For ease of writing and reading, I'll be commenting the events of "The Gun Song" and "Free" in one slightly longer than usual post. I sadly can't comment everything that happened in this special two-hour event, so feel free to dish and comment about what I didn't pick on.
(S04E15) "Do you love Kayla?" - Dr. Joshua Dolan to Lynette
"Mother Said" was quite the eventful episode since it pushed forward all of the ladies' storylines and dealt with two big secrets: Benjamin's and Dylan's parents. It also featured scenes of the four main characters together, which we haven't seen much lately.
Finally, after weeks of being almost useless to the series (those of you who read my reviews regularly know that lately I've been rooting for the Solises to leave Wisteria Lane), Gaby and Carlos got a meatier storyline thanks to the addition for a few episodes of Mallory Keaton, err, Justine Bateman. The downside? The storyline is too predictable.
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we'll supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479 - your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have: Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Law & Order: SVU, Lost, Moonlight, Psych, Pushing Daisies, Smallville and The Office. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
The entire group still looks great, and I wondered if it would be possible to do a Family Ties reunion. The most obvious hurdle would be Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease. Even in this interview, it was difficult to see him struggling with it, so I would imagine it would be nearly impossible for him to hide it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Top 48 Acts of 'America's Got Talent' Season 9
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: The Roast with the Most
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Premiere Recap: Fashion is in the Air
- Comic-Con 2014 Photos: The Cast of 'Under the Dome' in Pedicabs and Rachelle Lefevre Goes Blonde
- 'Penny Dreadful' at Comic-Con 2014: Season 2 Explores Ethan and a New Threat
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharknado 2's Ian Ziering Promises Jaw-Dropping OMG Moments, While Tara Reid... Wants to Party
- Penny Dreadful Men Field Burning Questions, Tease Season 2 'Bang-Fest'
- Hannibal @ Comic-Con: A Huge Return, Much Gillian Anderson and (Hopefully) Clarice Feed the Thriller's Future
- Reign Stars Preview Hands-On King Francis, Mary's Struggle, Shagging, Hugging and... a Rambo-Style Finale?
- Scorpion Stars Talk the Genius' Weakness, Terminator-as-Lou Grant — Plus: Kat McPhee Sings for Us
- More From TVLine
- Khloe Kardashian Talks Sex Life with French Montana
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Looks Funnier Than the First
- Morgan Freeman Sucks Down Helium on 'Tonight Show'
- 'Veronica Mars' Takes Top Prize At The MTVu Fandom Awards!
- From Wizard To Demon: Daniel Radcliffe Gets Devilish In Creepy New 'Horns' Poster
- More From ET