Kaley Cuoco to Host People's Choice Awards, Lou Diamond Phillips Books 'Southland' Role & More Casting News
"We are thrilled to welcome Kaley as the new host of People's Choice Awards 2012," Mark Burnett, executive producer, said in a statement. "She's been making people laugh on top-rated comedy series for the last decade, first with '8 Simple Rules' and now with 'The Big Bang Theory,' Thursday's #1 show. I'm looking forward to working with her on a fun-filled, comedy-packed show in January."
In other casting news ...
Regis asked Cuoco about her family, and her dad, who she recently took as her date to the Emmys. As it turns out, he's never missed a taping of any of the three sitcoms she's been on. "It's just the cutest thing ever," she said. Her family lives close by, and while she used to go to her folks' place for family dinners, they're now coming to her "dream house" instead. "I order in ... I don't cook anything," she joked.
It's interesting that the guy she was dating invited her in so casually, though, as most hoarders seem embarrassed about their home situation and tend to avoid letting people in.
Then she said she was going to tell us why it was bad to make out with a hoarder on their couch. We imagined piles falling on her, or rodents coming out of the couch, but no.
Cuoco confirmed the news on Twitter: "Well, it's official. Yours truly is hosting the Teen Choice Awards. Woop woop!"
OneRepublic and Selena Gomez & the Scene will perform at the 13th annual ceremony, which will be aired live on Fox.
Teen Choice 2011 also unveiled the nominees for its new and final voting category of the summer: "Choice Vampire."
Okay, technically they haven't started shooting yet, so the spoilers were sparse, but we did unearth some hints about the ongoing Priya/Leonard/Penny love triangle from Johnny Galecki, and asked the stars to weigh in on how Penny and Raj's hook-up might affect the dynamic of the group.
Simon Helberg also shared his predictions for Howard and Bernadette's future following their engagement, while Jim Parsons gave us a very Sheldon-esque opinion on whose side his character might take once Leonard finds out about Raj's betrayal. Dun, dun, dun!
The aforementioned funny ladies gathered as part of The Hollywood Reporter's Emmy Roundtable series to discuss their big breaks, best moments and those bad jobs everybody in the industry seems to have had.
In the video, Poehler attributes the success of her transition from improv to 'Saturday Night Live' to her experience with the Upright Citizens Brigade.
"It's very difficult to comment on your own career," Poehler said, with the other women nodding in agreement. "It's very strange, you kind of want to leave it up to other people to dissect it."
'The Office' star Fischer wasn't shy about revealing details of her career. She admitted to working as a telephone psychic and spending three years working at a car wash.
Watch the videos below.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the 'Parks and Recreation' star will play Drew Peterson, a police officer charged with the death of his third wife after the disappearance of his fourth wife. 'Big Bang Theory' star Cuoco is set to star as Stacy, Peterson's fourth wife who mysteriously disappears.
The movie is based on the nonfiction book 'Fatal Vows: The Tragic Wives of Drew Peterson,' and has a notable Lifetime movie pedigree: Judith Verno ('The Craigslist Killer,' and 'Natalee Holloway') will executive produce and Teena Booth ('Natalee Holloway') will write.
In other TV news ...
Unfortunately, that confidence didn't come on early enough or strongly enough for her to tell her parents about it before the issue hit stands.
Actually, she did tell them she was doing a photo shoot for 'Allure' magazine, she just neglected the nude part. That way they'd be sure to pick up a copy and flip through it looking to find her and then find way more than a parent probably ever wants to see of their grown child.
Ray then prompted Galecki to say something nice about Cuoco. "How many shades of red are you trying to make me right now?" he said. "She's a wonderful muse when it comes to make-out scenes. She's a beautiful, beautiful girl and a fantastic actress." His kind words weren't just flaterry: Cuoco recently revealed that the two had a secret off-screen relationship for two years.
When Ray pointed out Galecki's smooth answer, he tried to look suave, casually applying chapstick to his lips. Ray then told him that looked sexy, and warned that she might make out with him during the break. So be glad you're watching this clip from the comfort of your own computer and weren't in the studio audience to witness that spectacle.
She slipped off her horse, and then the horse "got a little trapped" and backed across her leg. "I actually thought he was walking on leaves," she said. "That's the way the sound of my leg was."
A scar on the side of her ankle represented where the bone came out, and there was another longer one down the front of her leg. "Now I have two metal bars in my leg, but the good thing about that is I know when it's going to rain," Cuoco laughed.
During an interview with Ellen DeGeneres Cuoco laughed that "They're not writing it in ... [And] I'm not going to question it. I was kind of shocked. I thought they were going to, but they're just going to be hiding me kind of like when you're pregnant."
So that means Cuoco's character, waitress Penny, will be getting a new role at the Cheesecake Factory in order to hide her cast and limp: "They're going to have her as a bartender now."
Cuoco also revealed the shocking news that at one stage doctors thought they might have to amputate her right foot.
News Roundup: Kaley Cuoco Returns to 'The Big Bang Theory,' Snooki to Get Her Own Dating Show and More
The show went on a two-week hiatus immediately after Cuoco's injury, and the actress was written out of the following two episodes. It's unclear whether Cuoco's broken leg will be written into the show, but Deadline reports she'll definitely return to work next week.
Another 'Big Bang Theory' actress is returning to work too -- guest star Mayim Bialik has booked more episodes as Sheldon's nerdy more-than-friend-but-not-girlfriend Amy.
In other TV news ...
• Yesterday it was announced that Snooki is writing a book, and today comes the news that the 'Jersey Shore' star will get her own dating show. According to a source, MTV is set to announce its plans for the show very soon. If it's not called 'Snookin' for Love,' we won't watch. [Zap2It]
• This Sunday's episode of 'Undercover Boss' will feature its first female boss. Kimberly Schaefer, CEO of Great Wolf Resorts, will infiltrate her company, which owns the "largest family of indoor water park resorts" in the country. [AOL]
News Roundup: Kaley Cuoco Will Miss Multiple 'Big Bang Theory' Episodes, 'Warehouse 13' Gets a Season 3 and More
According to The Ausiello Files, CBS is remaining mum on exactly how many episodes will be missing Cuoco's character, Penny, but it will definitely be more than one. In addition to Penny-less episodes, the show is also taking an extended production hiatus to figure out how to explain the character's absence.
The extra week production hiatus will not have an impact on the show's airing schedule.
In other TV news ...
• Syfy has officially renewed 'Warehouse 13.' Jack Kenny, executive producer of the hit series, took to Twitter to make the announcement. "FYI, #Warehouse13 will definitely be back for a third season! Official announcement may not be made till October, but we're coming back!" [Jack Kenny/Twitter]
• NBC sources are denying rumors about Lindsay Lohan hosting 'Saturday Night Live.' However, it is true that Emma Stone and Jon Hamm will host. [Live Feed]
It's been reported that Kaley Cuoco broke her leg Saturday and will miss today's taping of 'The Big Bang Theory.'
According to TMZ, Cuoco broke her leg in a horse-riding accident and is recovering in a hospital in the Los Angeles area. Her character will be written out of the episode taping later today, and then production on the show is believed to be taking a scheduled weeklong hiatus.
There's no word yet on how long she'll be laid up for, but if her injury is serious then more episodes of the show will be rewritten around her.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Epsode 6 Photos: The Art of the Hair Flip
- 'Big Brother 16' Clip Show Recap: The Final 3 Look Back at the Season
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'American Girl Doll'
- More From BuddyTV
- NCIS Casts 24 Alum Marisol Nichols as a Blast from DiNozzo's Past
- The Blacklist Season 2 Trailer Teases Red Vs. Berlin Showdown
- Grey's Anatomy: April's Mom Is Coming to Town — But There's a Twist!
- Fashion Police to Continue Without Joan Rivers; E! Announces Return Date
- The Voice Season 7 Coaches Hit the Road in New 'Topless' Promo Image
- More From TVLine
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A Solid Start for Téa Leoni's Political Drama
- Exclusive Clip: Did 'Angels' Save Woman from Plane Disaster?
- Fall TV Showdown: It's Time to Vote For Your Favorites in the Elite 8!
- Keyshia Cole Arrested in Los Angeles
- Hundreds of People Lined Up Outside Ravens Stadium Today to Exchange Ray Rice Jerseys
- More From ET