(S03E06) You know, this show does it to me every time. I've probably reviewed about 10 episodes of The Office that I have considered classics. Well, you can count this one as number 11.
The episode focused on "Diwali", a major Hindu festival which is celebrated, coincidentally, at this time of the year. In this instance, Kelly has invited the entire staff to a Diwali celebration, and most of the folks are enthusiastic about going, but some, including Angela, are a bit skeptical, if not downright hostile to the idea.
To drum up enthusiasm, Michael convenes a meeting where he attempts to explain "Hindu Halloween" and celebrate the diversity of the Indian/Hindu culture. His presentation includes pictures of famous Indians, and one of them was Apu from The Simpsons, which elicited guffaws from this blogger. Absolute brilliance from the writers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center': Mariah Carey gets funky on 'Joy to the World'
- 'Arrow' recap: Barry Allen flashes in for 'The Scientist'
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Unbelievable - Ciera steps up big time
- 'Sherlock' Season 3 photos: 'The Empty Hearse'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' adds 'Fringe's' Lance Reddick as ...
- More From Zap2it
- Jayma Mays Talks The Millers' Sibling Rivalry, How She Wishes She Were HIMYM's Mother
- The Voice's Caroline Pennell on Tackling Bieber, Rocking 'Royals,' Accepting Cee Lo's Laid-Back Coaching: 'Everyone Else Was Standing Up'
- AHS: Coven Casts Fringe Vet as… Satan?!
- Syfy Orders Legion-Inspired Dominion to Series
- Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Find Out Who Will Let Down Her Hair as Rapunzel
- More From TVLine