If you've had enough of shows being imported to the US from the UK, maybe some Japanese grown entertainment will work for you. On the heels of ABC's upcoming Wipeout, and Fox's Hole In The Wall, another popular Japanese game show could be crossing the Pacific.
Vin Di Bona Productions, of America's Funniest Home Videos fame, has acquired the rights to Masquerade (Kasou Taishou). The show, which the linked article calls Japan's longest running hit series, finds contestants using costumes, props, and sets to create performances that trick the eye. Sound confusing? I thought so too. There are a couple videos of just what that entails after the jump. Having now watched them, it is an interesting concept, but I don't see it being an idea that works as a weekly series. As far as I can tell, it's only done a couple of times a year in Japan. That sounds much more reasonable to me. Of course, I never would have guessed that dad getting hit in the nuts with a Wiffle ball bat would still be working after 19 years either.
[ via Reuters ]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Downton Abbey' Quotes: The Dowager Countess' Best Quips
- 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All' Photos: Chris Soules Faces the Ladies
- 'Parks and Recreation' Series Finale Extras: 4 New Revelations from the Extended Producer's Cut
- 6 Reasons You're Going to Love 'Battle Creek'
- 'Star Trek' Legend Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot News: Lost Vet Terry O'Quinn to Lead ABC Legal Drama The Adversaries
- Cartoon Network's Adventure Time Being Developed into Feature Film
- Pilot Scoop: Scrubs' Sarah Chalke to Co-Star in Fox's 48 Hours 'Til Monday
- Kelly Osbourne Exits Fashion Police — Read E! Network's Official Statement
- Chris Meloni to Star in WGN Slavery Drama Underground — With Kanye West Eyed as Musical Contributor
- More From TVLine
- The Great Dress Debate: Where Did The Dress Actually Come From?
- Kelly Osbourne Officially Quits 'Fashion Police' After Zendaya Comments
- Justin Bieber's First ET Interviews: See Our Favorite Moments on His Journey to Super Stardom
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Super Skinny Selfie: 'People Love to Call Me the Fat One'
- More From ET