If you've had enough of shows being imported to the US from the UK, maybe some Japanese grown entertainment will work for you. On the heels of ABC's upcoming Wipeout, and Fox's Hole In The Wall, another popular Japanese game show could be crossing the Pacific.
Vin Di Bona Productions, of America's Funniest Home Videos fame, has acquired the rights to Masquerade (Kasou Taishou). The show, which the linked article calls Japan's longest running hit series, finds contestants using costumes, props, and sets to create performances that trick the eye. Sound confusing? I thought so too. There are a couple videos of just what that entails after the jump. Having now watched them, it is an interesting concept, but I don't see it being an idea that works as a weekly series. As far as I can tell, it's only done a couple of times a year in Japan. That sounds much more reasonable to me. Of course, I never would have guessed that dad getting hit in the nuts with a Wiffle ball bat would still be working after 19 years either.
[ via Reuters ]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Couple Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Break Up
- Lifetime Renews 'UnREAL' for Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Is the Twin Twist Exposed?
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 2?
- 'Penny Dreadful': Which Characters Will Be Back for Season 3?
- More From BuddyTV
- Blood & Oil Recast: The Following's Adan Canto In — Find Out Who's Out!
- Empire Taps R&B Diva Kelly Rowland to Play Lucious'... Mother?!
- Hannibal Season 4: Amazon, Netflix Don't Bite, But 'Possibilities' Remain
- Amanda Peterson Dead at 43, Starred on 1980s TV Drama Year in the Life
- Masters of Sex Adds Walking Dead's Emily Kinney in Spicy Season 3 Role
- More From TVLine
- 'The Good Wife' Finds Their Kalinda Replacement (But There's a Twist!)
- Ciara and Russell Wilson Are Practicing Abstinence, In Case You Were Wondering
- Jeannie Mai Withdraws as Miss USA Co-Host Days After Saying She Wouldn't
- EXCLUSIVE: Mila Kunis Spotted for First Time After Marrying Ashton Kutcher
- Celebrity Breakups 2015
- More From ET