If you've had enough of shows being imported to the US from the UK, maybe some Japanese grown entertainment will work for you. On the heels of ABC's upcoming Wipeout, and Fox's Hole In The Wall, another popular Japanese game show could be crossing the Pacific.
Vin Di Bona Productions, of America's Funniest Home Videos fame, has acquired the rights to Masquerade (Kasou Taishou). The show, which the linked article calls Japan's longest running hit series, finds contestants using costumes, props, and sets to create performances that trick the eye. Sound confusing? I thought so too. There are a couple videos of just what that entails after the jump. Having now watched them, it is an interesting concept, but I don't see it being an idea that works as a weekly series. As far as I can tell, it's only done a couple of times a year in Japan. That sounds much more reasonable to me. Of course, I never would have guessed that dad getting hit in the nuts with a Wiffle ball bat would still be working after 19 years either.
[ via Reuters ]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Designers of 'Project Runway' Season 14
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live Blog: The Top 18 Dance and Two Go Home
- Casting Bits: Ed Sheeran Joins FX Series, 'Nashville' Adds Riley Smith, Naomi Campbell on 'AHS' and More
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 5?
- 'Teen Wolf' Interview: Tyler Posey Teases a Dark Period for Scott and Describes the Season in Emoji
- More From BuddyTV
- Chicago Fire Recruits Scandal Alum Brian White as New Captain
- Fuller House: CSI: Miami's Eva LaRue Joins as [Spoiler]'s Wife
- Castle's Stana Katic Teases 'Event' that Shifts Season 8 Into 'Higher Velocity'
- Originals' Nathaniel Buzolic Talks Kol's Return in 'Flashback-Heavy' Season 3
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, NCIS, Empire, Supernatural, NCIS: LA, B99, The Middle, H50 and More
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashians Baby No 2 Pregnancy Style
- Calvin Harris Could Not Look Hotter Showing Off His Killer Abs in New Armani Underwear Ads
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Wear Their Wedding Bands As They Reunite in Atlanta
- Stars as Cute Kids: The Most Adorable #TBTs
- Ed Sheeran Books 'The Bastard Executioner' and Is Officially About to Become Our Favorite TV Actor
- More From ET