If you've had enough of shows being imported to the US from the UK, maybe some Japanese grown entertainment will work for you. On the heels of ABC's upcoming Wipeout, and Fox's Hole In The Wall, another popular Japanese game show could be crossing the Pacific.
Vin Di Bona Productions, of America's Funniest Home Videos fame, has acquired the rights to Masquerade (Kasou Taishou). The show, which the linked article calls Japan's longest running hit series, finds contestants using costumes, props, and sets to create performances that trick the eye. Sound confusing? I thought so too. There are a couple videos of just what that entails after the jump. Having now watched them, it is an interesting concept, but I don't see it being an idea that works as a weekly series. As far as I can tell, it's only done a couple of times a year in Japan. That sounds much more reasonable to me. Of course, I never would have guessed that dad getting hit in the nuts with a Wiffle ball bat would still be working after 19 years either.
[ via Reuters ]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Phaedra Parks Taking Time Off from Filming 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- [Video] 'Covert Affairs' Exclusive: Uncovering Secrets
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 5 Photo Booth Gallery
- 'The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose' Recap: Confronting Nick and Fantasy Suite Sex
- More From BuddyTV
- Sex and the City's Ron Livingston Cast as Paul Revere in AMC Comedy Pilot
- Emmys 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actress in a Drama? Take Our Poll!
- Ratings: Ninja Warrior Hits 2-Year High Vs. All-Time Low Bachelorette Finale
- Castle's Molly Quinn Talks Teary Finale, the Alexis-Kate Tension That Follows
- First Look: Hot in Cleveland's Elka Makes Like Wonka in Animated Outing
- More From TVLine
- Martha Stewart on Blake Lively's New Lifestyle Blog: 'I Mean, It's Stupid'
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett's Jazz Album Gets a Release Date
- What Baby Bump? Zoe Saldana Nude For Women's Health UK
- Ariana Grande On Her Late Grandpa and Falling Out of Touch With Her Dad
- 'Fifty Shades' Trailer Sets a 2014 Record
- More From ET