May 7, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Dark Dynasty'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Charles Torments the Liars
- 'Reign' Episode 2.22 Photos: Mary Risks Everything Even as Francis Feels Betrayed
- 'Nashville' Recap: Has Juliette Gone Completely Off the Rails?
- 'American Idol' Recap: The Top 4 Take Us Home
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Recap: Even Cowgirls Get the Blues — Plus: Guess Who's Back?
- Criminal Minds: Jennifer Love Hewitt Not Returning for Season 11
- American Idol Recap: Thank God Almighty, There's Three at Last!
- Survivor Twist: Viewer Votes Will Decide Next Season's Castaways
- The Mindy Project Cancelled at Fox, But There's a Hulu Twist
- More From TVLine
- 'Key & Peele' Address Police Brutality in New 'Negrotown' Sketch
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Grants Terminally Ill Fan Her Wish
- Adam Levine Sugar-Bombed Outside 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Watch Shaq Take an Epic Spill - and See the Funniest Memes Inspired by It!
- Miley Cyrus Doesn't Like Labels: 'I Am Ready to Love Anyone'
- More From ET