April 1, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Nov 17th 2009 10:12AM
Before The Simpsons begat Futurama, current executive producer of The Simspons Al Jean, along with Mike Reiss, created a short-lived animated series about a film critic who hated almost every film he ever saw.
Starring Jon Lovitz in some brilliant voice work, The Critic ran through two networks in two seasons. Like Futurama and Family Guy, it found some success with reruns on cable -- in this case, Comedy Central -- and a subsequent DVD release. But unlike those series, The Critic remains but a distant memory.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.20 Photos: What Happens When Victoria Reaches Her Breaking Point?
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Tricksters'
- [Video] David Duchovny Reveals 2 More Characters Returning to 'The X-Files'
- [Video] 'DIG' Exclusive Clip: Will Debbie Be Saved?
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jim Beaver Teases Bobby's Return is 'The Real Deal'
- More From BuddyTV
- Michelle Pfeiffer Attached to Star in Morning Show Comedy From Katie Couric and Murphy Brown Scribe
- Bitten Photo: Elena Looks Bloody Good — Plus, Your Key to 'The Undoing'
- TVLine Items: SVU Vet Returns, Lewinsky Eyed For View Gig and More
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Leftovers, Masters of Sex, Flash, Bones, Castle, Grimm, Empire and More
- Fox Orders Unscripted Challenge Series Bullseye, Hosted by Kellan Lutz
- More From TVLine
- Katy Perry Shows Off Super Short Hair: 'I Asked for the Kris Jenner'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- Morgan Spurlock: Zayn Malik Always Struggled the Most With One Direction
- Johnny Depp's 15-Year-Old Daughter Lily-Rose Is All Grown Up In a Crop Top
- Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Health Crisis: 'I Thought I Was Dying'
- More From ET