And this one is personal for an FBI agent who's been tracking the killer for 30 years. Why? Because the case broke up her marriage years ago. Yeah, that could make a person more than a little motivated to bring the killer to justice. Tune in next week to see how this two-parter ends.
Watch the video after the jump.
(S07E01) As the seventh season commences, the cases continue. Tonight it's a flashback to 1966 and the events on a ship known for suicides, but the real crux of the show was more current. What's going on with Lily Rush since her near-death experience last year? When the case against Kitchener seems to be going soft, her reaction makes me wonder if our Lily is contemplating going Dirty Harry (Harriet?) on us.
You think Bobby Cannavale has felt the sting when all those episodes of the failed second go-round of Cupid have been burned off by ABC this past few weeks? It's got to be a shot to the ego, even for an established, successful Emmy-winning actor. Well, here's some news that should puff him back up again. Cold Case is bringing Bobby Cannavale back for the new season.
Cannavale appeared last season on Cold Case as Detective Eddie Saccardo, an undercover narcotics cop -- think Serpico with a sense of humor -- who had a brief romantic fling with Lily. It was one of the only happy things in Detective Rush's life last season, so the return of Eddie could be just what the doctor ordered for Kathryn Morris's character.
The reason? The usual: ratings and money. The sources say that the ratings that each show gets just don't warrant a renewal for another season. But another source says that they might try to convince the stars and staff to take a pay cut so they can do another year.
I can't say I would miss either of these shows. For a while there, Cold Case was a very effective drama, telling some rather interesting stories and using period music to get the emotion across. I never warmed to Without a Trace. It's not a bad show, it's just that I decided to watch it one night and the episode ended with them finding the body of the kid who was missing the whole episode. What a downer. So I didn't watch it again.
Cannavale, an Emmy-award winner for his guest turn on Will & Grace as Vince, will be Trevor Hale in Cupid. He's described as manic and charming and firmly believing in the fact that he is the real Roman god of love, Cupid. His mission is to make 100 love matches so he can earn the right to leave Earth and return to Mount Olympus. ABC is behind this new pilot, an updated version of Thomas' 1998 Cupid that didn't make it past season one.
Kathryn Morris, who plays Detective Lilly Rush on CBS' Cold Case, doesn't sound like she's particularly enjoying her time on the show right now and wants a change.
The show is coming up on its 100th episode, and Morris doesn't like the fact that what's happening on the show is top secret and under the radar, which she says leads to the show not being nominated for Emmys (I have no idea what she's talking about here). Lilly was in the hospital, the victim of a gunshot, on the season ender last year. She wants the show to be sexier and edgier, like The Wire or The Sopranos.
Of course, The Wire and The Sopranos are on cable, and Cold Case is on CBS.
They named their son Luca Daniel Pino. He was a healthy-sized baby, weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces. A spokesperson for the new family says everyone is doing well.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Girls, Girls, Girls'
- 'Bones' 200th Episode Photos: The Gang Goes to the 1950s
- 'Bones' Episode 10.9 Photos: Does Brennan Have a Problem with Aubrey?
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- 'Supernatural' Recap: The Truth About Rowena is Revealed
- More From BuddyTV
- Dancing With the Stars Recap: Did the Right Couple Win? Plus: Top 5 Moments and Season 19 Finale Pics!
- Faking It Finale: EP Explains Karma's Dream, Liam's Sacrifice and More
- Mindy Project Recap: How Ma Got Her Groove Back
- Degrassi Shocker: Spinner Returns — and He's Still Working at the Dot!
- Awkward's Ashley Rickards Talks Jenna's Choice, Lacey's Surprise and More Season 4 Finale Twists
- More From TVLine
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Season 19 Winner: Who Took Home the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Paul Rudd's College Yearbook Photo Will Blow Your Mind
- 9 Reasons Mariah Carey's ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You' Is the Best Holiday Song of All Time
- Rihanna Teases New Song From Upcoming Eighth Album
- Could Your Kid Be a Star? ET Goes Inside An LA Acting School For Kids
- More From ET