(S05E15) "Go ye forth and live life to the fullest." - Sweets
Starting this week, regular reviews of the hit series 'Bones' return to TV Squad. What better week to resume our reviews of the show than by reviewing the 99th episode of the series? What's even better? The fact that this week's episode is the first of eight all new and uninterrupted episodes of the series!
After weeks of reruns, the series finally returns with a bang! Sweets' life is turned upside down by a dramatic event while a Japanese reporter follows Brennan and Booth around in order to get gossip on the people who inspired Brennan's latest book. Oh, and there's steamy page 187 of the book, too!
A lot of Bones fans were unhappy last season when Zack was revealed to be Gormogon's apprentice. However, thanks to spoilers leaked over the summer, I can tell you we haven't seen the last of him. Want to know if the squints and co. are all back? If Angela and Hodgins will finally marry and be happy ever after? And if Brennan and Booth will truly kiss this season? Answers are coming up!
Beware: Spoilers ahead!
Before Bones, I had never heard of Kathy Reichs or her books. Until last February, I had been afraid of reading one of her books featuring the lead character on Bones, Temperance Brennan. This fear was caused by reading countless of books later turned into movies that didn't stay true to the books. This time, I was afraid that the character I love from the show wouldn't be the same in the books (most of them were published before Bones hit the screen).
My fear was right.
(S02E15) I just want to thank FOX and the producers of American Idol for interrupting their 80 hours of programming to slip in a new episode of Bones. I know that it's hard to do this when the ratings and advertising revenues are just skyrocketing, so I appreciate it. Perhaps, in the near future, you'll consider putting shows like House and Bones on starting in the summer so their season's end by Christmas. That way you'll have the 2nd half of the season to air nothing but 24 and Idol.
And yes, I am angry at FOX's idiotic programming schedule.
Enough of this! Let's plow ahead with a review of this week's episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Grant Gustin
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries' Failed Wedding Birthed A New California Law
- Celebs React to Ireland's Historic Same-Sex Marriage Vote
- Sharon Osbourne to Take Month Leave From 'The Talk' After Collapse
- 'One Tree Hill' star Jana Kramer Marries NFL Player Michael Caussin
- Star Sightings May 2015
- More From ET