That show is Life Unexpected, which CW programming head Dawn Ostroff described as "Juno meets Gilmore Girls." After seeing the pilot, I can agree with that description. It's sweet, warm, even a little bit hokey. In fact, it feels like a show that would have been on the old WB network. What the heck is it doing on the CW?
Premise: The CW is moving back into another familiar neighborhood for their second '90s show reboot -- and apparently, the tony Melrose Place apartments are still affordable for the struggling actors/filmmakers/rising stars of L.A.
(S03E16) Well, it's that time of the year again. Damned season finales everywhere you look. On the one hand, it's good, because a season finale usually means that you are going to get the good. On the other hand, it also means that we are now going to have to tuck our favorite characters away for the summer and occupy our time with something else, like books, or old beat up trucks. The goods were definitely in play for the Supernatural finale. For the last year we've all been wondering what would happen when time ran out on Dean's deal, and we finally found out.
(S03E04) This week, Kripke and his pals brought us more of the same. Considering how season three is going, that is a very good thing. Once again we were treated to an interesting story that balanced very nicely with hints and reveals about the bigger picture season three plot. A little more Ruby, some welcome artillery, more questions about just who Sam is now, and the first cracks in Dean's manly outer shell.
(S03E02) There aren't a lot of things that freak me out more than evil children. Maybe clowns, and bugs give me the wiggins, but when done right, a gaggle of evil rugrats is just creepy as hell. And I thought the Supernatural team got it just right here. That story alone made the episode worth watching, but we also got so much more. Does Dean have a kid? Just who is the mysterious Ruby? Have we put that whole Sam is special thing behind us? Will that little scene from last season where it seemed that Mary knew the demon come back into play? The answers, and my review, after the jump.
(S03E01) Guess who just got back today? Them wild-eyed boys that had been away. Haven't changed... Well, wait a minute. Yes they have, and those changes are a big part of what makes season three of Supernatural so interesting. I think it's very smart what Kripke and his team have done.
The yellow-eyed demon had all the makings of your typical carrot and stick never ending serial plot device. They probably could have gone on for another few seasons with Sam and Dean never quite getting the job done. But in dispatching him, they managed to do a couple of things. First, they paid off a major plot line for viewers that had invested two years in the story. And more importantly, as we move into the third season, they did so in a way that opens up a plethora of new avenues for our story to travel. That is where we find ourselves as we delve into the third season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Desperate Measures and a Surprise Wedding
- Kim Kardashian To Appear in 'Absolutely Fabulous' Movie
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 6?
- Which 'Bachelor' Alum is Joining Season 20?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Joe's Demise and the Epic Couple Swap
- More From BuddyTV
- Graceland First Look: Is the New Lady in Jakes' Life an Angel or Devil?
- MTV VMAs Best & Worst Moments: Rebel Wilson's F-Bomb, Nicki Minaj's Shade, Taylor's Clean Sweep and More
- Miley Cyrus Flashes Bare Breast on Camera at MTV Video Music Awards
- Falling Skies Boss Weighs In on Series Finale's Big Twists (Including a Very Final One That Didn't Make the Cut)
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Run During Insane MTV VMA Speech
- More From TVLine
- Justin Timberlake Responds to Kanye West's Big MTV VMAs Diss
- Justin Bieber Hooks Up With Model Xenia Deli in Sexy 'What Do You Mean?' Music Video
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in Rapper's PDA-Filled 'Stimulated' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Appears Thinner In First New Selfie Shared in Years
- Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke & Kelly Rowan Have Epic 'O.C.' Reunion at Unofficial Musical Debut!
- More From ET