Wondering where Erica Kane, Marlena Evans and Katherine Chancellor were on TV Squad's recent list of the 100 Most Memorable Female TV Characters?
Frankly, there just wasn't enough room for all of them. The unforgettable divas, leading ladies, matriarchs and ingénues that have graced the soaps for more than 50 years are so plentiful that they deserve their own list!
We could easily have compiled a list of 100 women from soap operas, but this one has been limited to 15. Those selected represent characters from ABC, CBS and NBC daytime dramas, including current serials and canceled favorites.
Are your favorites on this list? Who else should have been included? Let us know!
Here she is folks!
Reva Shayne Lewis! Echo DiSavoy!
Four-time Daytime Emmy winner Kim Zimmer, best known to soap opera viewers as fan favorite Reva on 'Guiding Light,' is returning to the soap world. She will reprise the role she portrayed 27 years ago, pre-Reva -- Echo DiSavoy on the ABC soap 'One Life to Live.' Her first air date is Fri., Oct. 1.
The mysterious and passionate Echo, who first hit the scene in 1983, was a brief, but memorable romantic obstacle for super-couple Viki (Erika Slezak) and Clint (then Clint Ritchie, now played by Zimmer's former 'GL' cast mate Jerry verDorn, ex-Ross.) The role ended abruptly and Zimmer was soon scooped up by 'GL' where she won viewers' hearts and devotion with her portrayal of Reva.
Zimmer's got the answers to some burning questions: Why play Echo again? Did the 'So Long Springfield' tour achieve its goal? What's up with her upcoming memoir? The actress dished with TV Squad on all this and more. Read on for scoop from 'OLTL's' newest cast member!
Kim will first appear on Oct. 1 as Echo, and she'll be involved with a couple of powerhouse Emmy-winning veterans of 'One Life to Live' -- specifically Erika Slezak (Viki) and Robin Strasser (Dorian). That should be potent.
Zimmer will also cross paths with former 'Guiding Light' leading man Jerry ver Dorn. On 'GL,' ver Dorn's character, Ross Marler, had many encounters with Zimmer's Reva -- although they never actually married.
Here's a look back at ten stars that have done double-duty (and sometimes more) in TV's most demanding genre.
Anne Heche, 'Another World'
Played: Marley Love. The sheltered sister of Donna and Peter Love, Marley had traditional teen woes before discovering her family tree had a case of root rot -- Marley was, in reality, Donna's daughter.
Check out the rest after the jump.
Actually, Sarah -- a three-time Emmy winner -- had a tough go-round this time on General Hospital. She returned to a familiar setting, but instead of resuming the role she originated, Carly Corinthos, she was playing Mafia princess Claudia Zacchara. (Laura Wright is the current Carly.)
So, in honor of what Guiding Light has achieved, the fabulous writers who have created these stories and characters, and in salute of all the wonderful actors who've brought them to life, here's Guiding Light's 10 greatest characters from the past 25 years.
10. Josh Lewis (played by Robert Newman)
With the creation of Joshua, the Lewis family became a foundation in Springfield, as integral as the Bauers and the Spauldings, and Josh was the key. He started as a young, upstart oilman with a romantic streak and over time has morphed from a business tycoon to a minister. And through all the years, he's had one great love, Reva Shayne.
Soap fans will bid adieu to Reva -- and the rest of the show's characters -- on Friday, Sept. 18 when the CBS soap opera airs its final episode. AOL TV recently caught up with the fan favorite to get her thoughts on starting a new chapter in her life, her four Golden Girls and what she hopes viewers will remember about the beloved series. -- By Michael Maloney
She's currently making HBO's new drama In Treatment appointment TV, drawing her loyal following to find her latest work as she did in 24, Prison Break, Homicide and Battlestar Galactica. And that doesn't even take into account the millions who first discovered this chameleon when she first burst onto the scene in Guiding Light, and then Star Trek: The Next Generation.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 15 Most Brutal Deaths of Season 6
- TV's 100 Sexiest Men of 2013
- 17 Most Anticipated TV Shows Returning in 2014 (And How to Catch Up Before the Premiere)
- Best 'NCIS' Quotes from 'Devi's Triad'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Finale: 27 Happy and Tragic Moments from 'A Mother's Work'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Jackson wants to direct an episode about rugby?
- 'Downton Abbey': Julian Fellowes on how his boarding school escape led to Grantham
- 'Haven' Season 4 finale spoilers: 5 things to know about 'Lighthouse'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' episode 11 promo: Coulson's Tahiti is not a magical place
- 'Arrow': Why you have to watch the fall finale, plus fun with Emily Bett Rickards
- More From Zap2it
- 13 Musicals We'd Like to See Performed Live on TV (and Who We'd Cast as the Leads)
- Once Upon a Time EPs Tease Midseason Finale's 'Devastating' Twist, 'Compelling' Spring Story Arc
- TVLine Items: Nick Jonas Returns to Hawaii, BIO Channel Replaced, Bridge Promotions and More
- Exclusive: Arrow Casts Prison Break Baddie Robert Knepper as DC Villain [Spoiler]
- Showtime's Episodes Renewed for Season 4
- More From TVLine