Cameron explained that he often performs as Seaver as a way to focus an audience's attention during speaking engagements. "Every once in a while I'll go out and I'll speak at a school or a church ... and people are not listening to what I'm saying because they're thinking, 'Oh, there's that guy from 'Growing Pains.' I call that condition 'Seaver Fever,'" he said. "So, I try to get rid of it by feeding the fever and giving people six years of Mike Seaver in 60 seconds."
Watch the video after the jump.
More casting news after the jump.
Over the holidays while I was back in Iowa visiting family, my mother and I stayed up late one night engaging in one of those perpetual conversations about "God vs. Science." Like anyone else, I have my own feelings about how the universe operates, so when I was sent this link to a new boardgame from Growing Pains hunk turned evangelical Kirk Cameron and minister Ray Comfort called Intelligent Design Vs. Evolution, you can bet my brain lit up with about a dozen opinions.
Cameron has been married to his former Growing Pains co-star Chelsea Noble for several years, and they have six children.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive: Banshee Promotes 2 to Series Regular
- TVLine Items: Roswell Reunion, BMS' Kickstarter Campaign, a Kitchen Exclusive and More
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. Rises, NCIS, Originals, Supernatural Hit Lows, Celeb Wife Swap Bombs
- FX Renews The Americans For Season 3
- The 100′s Thomas McDonell Reveals Finn and Clarke's New 'Obstacle'— Plus: An Exclusive Clip
- More From TVLine