As host of Travel Channel's 'No Reservations,' we've seen Tony eat anything and everything on his culinary adventures -- and, at least once an episode, we're also treated to his usually curse-laced rants. Consider it the sparkly candle on top of an already amazing Kwanzaa cake. (More on that in a bit ...)
We caught up with the globetrotting foodie -- who'll have Bill Murray on the show's Hudson Valley episode tonight (Mon., Feb. 8, 10PM ET) -- to hear more about his biggest food loves, his problems with Bradley Cooper and why a simple 'Semi-Homemade' cake on TV haunts his dreams.
Our friends over at Gadling.com have an interview with Bourdain. Justin asks him about his early experiences traveling overseas, the one time he ate street food that forced him to go to the doctor, and where the show will take him this season (and how he chooses where to go).
The new season of No Reservations starts at 10pm tonight on The Travel Channel.
We'll contact the winners later in the week. Good luck!
For our next giveaway, we're giving out five copies of the Kitchen Confidential Complete Series DVD set! We'll give one copy away to five randomly chosen commenters to this post. Just post a comment below stating your favorite episode of the entire series. We'll randomly choose five winning entries from all eligible comments.
Some basic rules and clarifications:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating what your favorite restaurant from a television show is. What restaurant you mention makes absolutely no difference, as long as it's one featured on TV.
- The comment must be left before May 25, 2007 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- You can only enter once.
- The winning entry will be chosen completely at random.
And now we present you with the legalities of the contest. (Read them. Please.)
Last week I gave you a pretty big list of popular "drinkeries" from TV, but I think where I went wrong was trying too hard to list every watering hole possible. Since I'm covering eateries this week, I'm certain I'll miss some of your favorites, but I'm going to list what I believe to be the most popular dining spots from television, both past and present. And since there are way too many real spots on TV to mention (Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Stadium, etc.), I'll stick with fictional spots, even if they're based on real ones.
This time let's go with 14 of them.
1) Arnold's/Al's Drive-In (Happy Days) -- I struggled for a bit with what I would call the number one eatery on TV, but I kept coming back to this spot. Arnold's/Al's was in nearly every episode as far as I can recall, and of course housed The Fonz's office. After it burned down, the signage changed to Al's.
There are probably only about five new TV shows I'm looking forward to this fall. I can't remember four of them, but the fifth one is Kitchen Confidential, the FOX sitcom based on the outstanding behind-the-scenes-of-the-restaurant memoir by Anthony Bourdain. Bradley Cooper (you know him as Will on Alias) stars as an ex-cokehead, ex-star chef who finds himself working at a restaurant chain. Cooper talks about the show (which costars Frank Langella, Jaime King, Nicolas Brendon from Buffy and John Daley from Freaks and Geeks) at Zap2it.
The only bad part? This means Cooper probably won't return to Alias anytime soon. Oh well.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Searches for Tracy While The Ladies Get a Chance to Shine
- 'The Whispers' Recap: Drill's Secrets are Revealed
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Does Carly Steal Sutton's Thunder?
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kaitlyn's Secret and Shawn's Jealous Rage
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki Gets Some Devastating News
- More From BuddyTV
- Teen Wolf Recap: Without a Tracy
- UnReal Recap: There's Something Off About Mary
- The Bachelorette Recap: The Truth Won't Let You Pee!
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The Top 20 Revealed — and Ranked! Plus: Exclusive First-Look Photos
- Chasing Life EP on Natalie's Discovery, April's Setback & More Season 2 Scoop
- More From TVLine
- Ben Affleck Breaks Social Media Silence After Jennifer Garner Split
- Michael Buble's Son Adorably Reveals Baby No. 2 News!
- Judd Apatow, Jill Scott React to New Bill Cosby Development
- Bill Cosby Admitted to Obtaining Quaaludes to Give to 'Young Women' in 2005
- NSFW! Justin Bieber Bares His Butt on Instagram
- More From ET