As host of Travel Channel's 'No Reservations,' we've seen Tony eat anything and everything on his culinary adventures -- and, at least once an episode, we're also treated to his usually curse-laced rants. Consider it the sparkly candle on top of an already amazing Kwanzaa cake. (More on that in a bit ...)
We caught up with the globetrotting foodie -- who'll have Bill Murray on the show's Hudson Valley episode tonight (Mon., Feb. 8, 10PM ET) -- to hear more about his biggest food loves, his problems with Bradley Cooper and why a simple 'Semi-Homemade' cake on TV haunts his dreams.
Our friends over at Gadling.com have an interview with Bourdain. Justin asks him about his early experiences traveling overseas, the one time he ate street food that forced him to go to the doctor, and where the show will take him this season (and how he chooses where to go).
The new season of No Reservations starts at 10pm tonight on The Travel Channel.
We'll contact the winners later in the week. Good luck!
For our next giveaway, we're giving out five copies of the Kitchen Confidential Complete Series DVD set! We'll give one copy away to five randomly chosen commenters to this post. Just post a comment below stating your favorite episode of the entire series. We'll randomly choose five winning entries from all eligible comments.
Some basic rules and clarifications:
- To enter, leave a confirmed comment below stating what your favorite restaurant from a television show is. What restaurant you mention makes absolutely no difference, as long as it's one featured on TV.
- The comment must be left before May 25, 2007 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time.
- You can only enter once.
- The winning entry will be chosen completely at random.
And now we present you with the legalities of the contest. (Read them. Please.)
Last week I gave you a pretty big list of popular "drinkeries" from TV, but I think where I went wrong was trying too hard to list every watering hole possible. Since I'm covering eateries this week, I'm certain I'll miss some of your favorites, but I'm going to list what I believe to be the most popular dining spots from television, both past and present. And since there are way too many real spots on TV to mention (Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Stadium, etc.), I'll stick with fictional spots, even if they're based on real ones.
This time let's go with 14 of them.
1) Arnold's/Al's Drive-In (Happy Days) -- I struggled for a bit with what I would call the number one eatery on TV, but I kept coming back to this spot. Arnold's/Al's was in nearly every episode as far as I can recall, and of course housed The Fonz's office. After it burned down, the signage changed to Al's.
There are probably only about five new TV shows I'm looking forward to this fall. I can't remember four of them, but the fifth one is Kitchen Confidential, the FOX sitcom based on the outstanding behind-the-scenes-of-the-restaurant memoir by Anthony Bourdain. Bradley Cooper (you know him as Will on Alias) stars as an ex-cokehead, ex-star chef who finds himself working at a restaurant chain. Cooper talks about the show (which costars Frank Langella, Jaime King, Nicolas Brendon from Buffy and John Daley from Freaks and Geeks) at Zap2it.
The only bad part? This means Cooper probably won't return to Alias anytime soon. Oh well.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Rossi's Past Collides With His Present
- More From BuddyTV
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET