(S21E10) Touted as the 450th episode of the series, this episode was a Krusty-centric episode. Billed as part of The Simpsons 20th anniversary celebration, "Once Upon a Time in Springfield" was followed by Morgan Spurlock's hour-long Simpsons special, meaning that 75% of FOX's prime-time Sunday night lineup this week Matt Groening, instead of Seth MacFarlane; only The Cleveland Show made the cut.
This week also featured the return of Anne Hathaway, playing the character of Princess Penelope, a sudden co-host to Krusty's television show in an attempt to appeal to a wider demographic. As you can imagine, a character inspired by the Disney Princesses line can't sit well with Krusty's core (Bart and Milhouse) type of audience.
(S19E20) "Applause is an addiction, like heroin or checking your e-mail." -- Sideshow Mel
Well, another season of The Simpsons has come to an end. As with the last few seasons some stuff was good, some was okay, and the rest should have gone back to the Writers' Room for further revision ("Treehouse of Horror", anyone?). Most of the weak stuff landed in the first half of the season for some reason -- maybe everyone was tired from the completion of The Simpsons Movie. The second half picked up steam, thanks to some solid episodes featuring Lisa and Bart.
Luckily, The Simpsons ended on a strong note with the Lisa-centric season finale. Once again going back to the on-going theme of how success can corrupt Lisa, we were treated to an episode featuring her turn to work with the famous Krusty the Clown. I say 'her turn' because older brother Bart had worked for Krusty in the past. And, like Bart, Lisa usurped Krusty's fame to become the star of the show.
You would think Krusty would have learned his lesson.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Final 4?
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 4 Performance Rankings
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Interview: Sarah Drew On the 'Incredibly Shocking' Winter Finale
- 2014 Golden Globe Nominations: 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine,' 'House of Cards' and More New Shows
- [Videos] 'Scandal' Fall Finale Preview: Will Cyrus Help Sally?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrow' fall finale post mortem: Felicity and Oliver, Roy's transformation and Slade's revenge
- 'Vampire Diaries' EP talks Damon's revenge, Delena's future
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Sarah Drew teases April's wedding
- 'The Price Is Right': Bob Barker celebrates his 90th birthday with game show return
- Kelly Clarkson's heading to 'Nashville,' y'all
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive First Look: 11 Scandal-ous Gift Ideas
- Golden Globes: House of Cards, The Good Wife, Candelabra and Breaking Bad Lead Noms; Parks & Rec, Brooklyn, Spader and Maslany Score Nods
- Exclusive Reign Sneak Peek: Catherine Begs Mary to Save Francis' Life – But Will She?
- What to Watch Thursday: Scandal, The Vampire Diaries, Big Bang, Grey's and 6 Other Fall Finales
- The X Factor Top 4 Performance Recap: Raise Your Hopeful Voice, You Have a Choice
- More From TVLine