(S21E10) Touted as the 450th episode of the series, this episode was a Krusty-centric episode. Billed as part of The Simpsons 20th anniversary celebration, "Once Upon a Time in Springfield" was followed by Morgan Spurlock's hour-long Simpsons special, meaning that 75% of FOX's prime-time Sunday night lineup this week Matt Groening, instead of Seth MacFarlane; only The Cleveland Show made the cut.
This week also featured the return of Anne Hathaway, playing the character of Princess Penelope, a sudden co-host to Krusty's television show in an attempt to appeal to a wider demographic. As you can imagine, a character inspired by the Disney Princesses line can't sit well with Krusty's core (Bart and Milhouse) type of audience.
(S19E20) "Applause is an addiction, like heroin or checking your e-mail." -- Sideshow Mel
Well, another season of The Simpsons has come to an end. As with the last few seasons some stuff was good, some was okay, and the rest should have gone back to the Writers' Room for further revision ("Treehouse of Horror", anyone?). Most of the weak stuff landed in the first half of the season for some reason -- maybe everyone was tired from the completion of The Simpsons Movie. The second half picked up steam, thanks to some solid episodes featuring Lisa and Bart.
Luckily, The Simpsons ended on a strong note with the Lisa-centric season finale. Once again going back to the on-going theme of how success can corrupt Lisa, we were treated to an episode featuring her turn to work with the famous Krusty the Clown. I say 'her turn' because older brother Bart had worked for Krusty in the past. And, like Bart, Lisa usurped Krusty's fame to become the star of the show.
You would think Krusty would have learned his lesson.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Unfortunate Moments from 'Strange Frequencies'
- 'Arrow' Season 4 Interview: John Barrowman on Malcolm's New Take on the League of Assassins
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Executes a Dreadful Plan While Kira Tries to Save Herself
- 'The Whispers' Recap: The Race to Kill Drill is On
- More From BuddyTV
- New Haven Promo Narrows Down the Season 5 Return Date
- Grey's Anatomy Killing McDreamy Was a 'Difficult Decision,' Says ABC Boss
- Community Cancelled: Joel McHale Confirms No Season 7
- Muppets Star Kermit the Frog Confirms Break-Up With Miss Piggy
- Hannibal's Hugh Dancy to Co-Star in Jason Katims Hulu Drama The Way
- More From TVLine
- Deadly Shooting Breaks Out at Drake's OVO After-Party in Toronto
- Taylor Swift Granted These 70-Year-Olds' Wish to Dance Onstage to 'Shake It Off'
- Kim Richards Charged With Petty Theft: Inside Her Target Shoplifting Arrest
- Heartbreaking Similarities Between Whitney Houston's and Bobbi Kristina Brown's Tragic Lives and Deaths
- Zayn Malik Ends Engagement With Perrie Edwards
- More From ET