by Adam Finley, posted Oct 20th 2006 12:04PM
The second season of the History Channel series Shootout! kicks off on November 3. The series examines famous gun battles from history, as well as recent battles waged in Iraq. Reality game company Kuma Games, a site that recreates gun battles will launch online games simultaneously to match the Shootout! episodes when they air. I'm not exactly sure what the point is supposed to be, other than a gimmick to get people to watch the series. The idea of turning these real battles into a game seems more than a little tacky, and I'm not sure I see the educational value in it. If the idea is that the games somehow allow you to relive the battle, I don't buy it. No matter how "real" you try to make it, there's no more of an emotional connection tied to these games then there is to something like Doom or Tomb Raider. The idea that these are somehow educational is more than a little foolish. I've placed a trailer after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The X Factor' Season 3: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'The Originals': Winners and Losers from 'Reigning Pain in New Orleans'
- The Best of Kevin Tran on 'Supernatural'
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' Recap: Kill Fiona Volume I
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 16 Shocking Moments from 'You Are My Sunshine'
- More From BuddyTV
- 'X Factor': Alex & Sierra on 'Say Something' and Destiny's Child
- ESPN cancels Will Ferrell's 'SportsCenter' appearance, Ron Burgundy reacts
- 'Mob City' premiere: Frank Darabont's noir is nice to look at, but that's about it
- 'Kirstie' premiere: This pedigree should have better comedy
- 'The Tomorrow People' recap: Kidnapping, Dr. Death and John's lies in 'Thanatos'
- More From Zap2it
- Nashville Recap: Friends in Low Places
- American Horror Story: Coven Recap: Head Case
- The X Factor Top 6 Performance Recap: I Stand Here Waiting for You to Bang the Gong [Updated]
- Scandal's Jeff Perry Talks Blindsided Cyrus, Fitz/ Olivia Roadblocks and the 'Exquisite Hell' Ahead
- Jayma Mays Talks The Millers' Sibling Rivalry, How She Wishes She Were HIMYM's Mother
- More From TVLine