Hearing the name Vonnegut jogged O'Reilly's memory, and he quickly produced a Vonnegut quote of his very own.
"This is absolutely true what I'm going to tell you, Rosen," O'Reilly bragged.
"Kurt Vonnegut once said to me ... quote 'I don't agree with anything you've ever said' unquote," O'Reilly recollected, sounding rather proud of himself for having once elicited such a strong response from the famed author
And if you were ever wondering what Kurt Vonnegut thought about Bill O'Reilly, that should pretty much clear it up.
Why can't certain news networks do an obituary of someone without adding on some political, personal dig?
Case in point, this Kurt Vonnegut obituary that FOX News ran recently. Sure, Vonnegut was no doubt a lefty (his last book of essays would tell anyone that), but the entire tone of the obit is pretty shitty.
"By the late 70s, Vonnegut was rich and irrelevent." Really? I think a lot of people, including me, got to know Vonnegut's writing in the 70s and 80s, and that a lot of his work rings true to present times. And why the comment about "being rich?" Oh, yeah, those damn liberal elitists and their money! The reporter also says that Vonnegut "failed at suicide" (that's a clever dig, not only mention a suicide attempt but that he FAILED at it), had writings filled with "mumbo-jumbo," and had "scatalogical humor." Using Vonnegut's own words (the part about male writers being past their prime at 55 and then the reporter saying "but Vonnegut kept at it," as if he should just quit his work) against him.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Strain' Recap: Journey to the Master's Lair
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Recap: The Twins Get Angry After Dina Reveals Some Gossip
- Meet The Master of 'The Strain': Robin Atkin Downes on How He Came Up with the Distinct Voice
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A New Political Drama with Plenty of Potential
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time: Dancin', Romancin' and 9 More Season Premiere Teasers
- The Good Wife Season 6 Premiere Recap: You've Got... Jail?
- The Strain Recap: A Lot of Munchers
- Madam Secretary: Will You Keep the CBS Drama in Office?
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- More From TVLine